• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Yeah ok. I'd like to see some odds to back those stats up cause I'd put everything I have on it

Road results are tough to get. Getting drawn in with the #1 team can't really help. Neither does not having a European micronation in the group.

Finland and Belarus aren't that bad. Georgia is terrible.

Perhaps this is wishful thinking since I dislike France.

France will get second easily, the games against bad teams never count anyways.

Is it top 3 qualify from CONCACAF and then the fourth goes into a playoff?

I mean I could see us finishing third with a couple of bad results but it would take a TON of bad luck for us to finish in the bottom half of the hexagonal and there's no way we don't at least make it to that stage.

Yeah and not to mention that one of Mexico, Costa Rica, and El Salvador will be eliminated before Hexagonal qualifying.

Okay....lol yeah we'll make it

New Zealand was better than CONCACAF's 3rd best team last WC. So if we're struggling so much to finish 4th, I wouldn't feel confident about beating them. They're not great, but they're better than half the teams in the hexagon.

New Zealand was better than CONCACAF's 3rd best team last WC. So if we're struggling so much to finish 4th, I wouldn't feel confident about beating them. They're not great, but they're better than half the teams in the hexagon.

Meh, they are 0-4-5 in there last 9 matches. Had 3 draws in the WC to Slovakia, Italy, and Paraguay. Only beat Bahrain 1-0 on aggregate to qualify. And lost all 3 matches in the 09 confed cup with a -8 GD.

Not saying they would be a cakewalk, but I think we beat them in a home and home 95/100 times

Herculez Gomez with a goal for Estudiantes to even the score up 1-1 with San Luis. #usmnt

Meh, they are 0-4-5 in there last 9 matches. Had 3 draws in the WC to Slovakia, Italy, and Paraguay. Only beat Bahrain 1-0 on aggregate to qualify. And lost all 3 matches in the 09 confed cup with a -8 GD.

Not saying they would be a cakewalk, but I think we beat them in a home and home 95/100 times

I agree now, but I wouldn't if we just finished qualifying in 4th place. Something would be very wrong with our team.

Watch out....if they beat us in a home and home that would make you wrong

:thumbsup:

The Croatia v. Serbia wc qualifiers should be awesome theater, if nothing else. Belgrade or Zagreb might burn to the ground if a home side loses. Macedonia v. Serbia should be fiery as well.

And Scotland and Wales are in that group as well...

Frickin crazy fan group, yeah? At least it's not England and Scotland or England and Northern Ireland.

I bet the home side winning in the Croatia/Serbia tie would be a good value bet.

I was wondering that myself. Klinsmann has a press conference tomorrow, so possibly then?

That was my guess as well. It was reported that when Bob was contacted about the meeting to tell him that he would be fired, his staff was in the process of alerting players of the call up.

Us soccer daily said this when I asked him:

Hard to say exactly now w/the coaching change, but some time in the next couple of days

Back