• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

scaled.php

:drool:

He played way above his age earlier on in his career. He wasn't given a chance for what, 2 years, before this Gold Cup? I agree, it was just one tournament, but to say he's been shit for club ro country is way off the mark. He's been solid in almost every opportunity he's been given.

Freddy, from a much younger age, displayed the creative instincts, and the technical ability on the ball that we generally lack. But he was a kid, who struggled to fill the limelight that was constantly shined on him. He was growing up in Europe, Portugal, and Turkey. If he's found himself, we will luckily have found a "new" player who adds something to the side. Hope he makes it.

ShinGuardian:

Only player that definitely wins in the Klinsmann hire is Michael Bradley (asterisk now removed), every other needs to see the system, role.

StuHolden:

Lol let me clarify on the Training part... Not in full training, just doing work on the grass, another step forward! Calm down calm down :)

USSoccer

Setting up for the press conference with #USMNT head coach Jurgen Klinsmann...

Press Conference at NIKETOWN in NYC is at 10 am. Not open to the public but #USMNT fans can listen live on 57th street. Speakers are set up!

It was one tournament guys. I was impressed by Freddy, but can we please hold off on anointing him from just one tournament? He has been shit before for the Nats.

Chicharita won't be playing on August 10th. Does that mean you'll be pulling for the US?

Couldn't they have gone through all this shit before they brought Klinsmann out? Amateur...

Klinsmann coming out in a suit rather than sweatpants...interesting choice.

Roster for US Mexico on Wednesday. Klinsmann says a full coaching staff won't be announced for months. He's going to have different guest coaches at each match until he finds the right staff.

Back