• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

We could also see this, though I think it's much more likely at home.

---Johnson----Jozy-----Dempsey---
-------Jones---Williams---Bradley----
Castillo---Boca---Cameron---Chandler

That would give us more width options I think. Chandler would be responsible for the right side width. Davis didn't look very confident in the friendly with Canada, but I think he could fit that role perfectly, as well as give us a huge addition to set pieces.

I think I'm one of the few who actually likes Jones. My guess is most others on here would rather not see him. Williams would work as well if Klinsmann wants to be more defensive. I doubt he goes too attacking in the first qualifier while on the road against a hot Honduras side.

I don't mind Jones. He is just a known quantity. He'll probably play OK, make some decent balls, track back well, make/miss a tackle here and there and of course...get a yellow card.

You guys criticize Jones in almost every game. Does he still deserve to play or you have limited options?

Jones is much of what others say. Not an outside player, uncomfortably aggressive and prone to being carded. But, he can't be matched for workrate, plays with confidence, and is the most physical player on our squad. We haven't got anyone I'd replace him with. I just hope that Klinsy will pair him with Bradley in a way that releases Bradley into the attack more often.

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Everton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire).

Defenders: Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg), Edgar Castillo (Tijuana), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Omar Gonzalez (Los Angeles Galaxy), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg).

Midfielders: Michael Bradley (Roma), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor), Daniel Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Jose Torres (Tigres), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo).

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna).

Argentina's forwards for their match against Sweden:

Sergio Aguero, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Franco Di Santo.

One of those things is not like the others...

Argentina's forwards for their match against Sweden:

Sergio Aguero, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Franco Di Santo.

One of those things is not like the others...

Yeah, Messi is Spanish isn't he??

can we have a goalie for forward swap with them? or maybe some b list nba star wants to change nationalities....

Which defensive midfielder will be played as a winger?

No need this time, we have FJohnson and Davis on the left and Zusi on the right. If we play with 3 up top, Herc and EJohnson can be added to that.

That said, Klinsmann will probably play Bradley and Jones out wide with Williams and Evans in the middle just to surprise everyone.

Who do you have playing left back in that formation?

Who do you have playing left back in that formation?

Castillo...who I think makes the most sense. Johnson is too good attacking to be at LB. I also like how Castillo's been playing for the past year. Really solid at Tijuana.

Castillo has played his way back into good favor. Hopefully he plays on the LB, then Fabian at LM, because Davis is just too slow for international footie.

Yo SD3 is the Hondruas match gonna be on at Natty Greene's. I gotta big test Thursday morning, but will try to find a way to make it to the Honduras game Wednesday afternoon.

Lets see

Chandler - Boca - Cameron - Fab

--- Jones ---
Bradley- Klejstan

--Dempsey-- --Zusi---

Jozy

I'm so starved for offense I'm even giving Sasha another go in my 4-3-2-1 and I've hated that guy

Back