• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I would love to see how Cameron would do if played as a central defender for a full premier league season. He's really damn good imo and the fact that he continues to be played at right back is maddening.
Stupid Stoke fans do not want to see this. They don't believe Cameron is anything more than a squad player

Ghana defender responsible for both US goals is the 8th best player at the WC so far. Seems legit FIFA.

I would love to see how Cameron would do if played as a central defender for a full premier league season. He's really damn good imo and the fact that he continues to be played at right back is maddening.

It's kind of the story of Geoff's career: good enough at a lot of things that managers like to play him all over the pitch, and as a result, hasn't had a lot of time at his best position: CB.

Also I've worn a hipster doofus red, white and blue tank to watch the last 3 games (Ghana, Turkey, Nigeria) and rocked an American flag as cape last Monday. Also have been rocking my red and blue shades.

Its pretty much mandatory that I wear these same things on Sunday, right?

Last edited:
Any mention of DMB sitting? I'm sure Jurgen is itching to bring Chandler on at some point. Maybe he puts FJ on the left so that he can get forward and brings Chandler on to man-mark CR7 all game (although Chandler is best getting forward too).

That's what I figured. Also I forgot to mention the blue khaki shorts and red/blue running shoes. I will be wearing all items on Sunday.

Beyond what has already been pointed out, the times also are set up for European TV. Part of why the 3 PM game usually is the best and the 6 PM game usually is the stinker

Hey bros, just saying I like the wall to wall football action....

i'm gonna wear the same Dr J jersey i wore monday foshofosho, most red, white, and blue thing i own

I have a jersey from I think the 2009 Confed Cup Imma wear again like I did on Monday (also my standard 4th of July shirt)

This probably isn't going to be popular but the USMNT coach looks a lot like a former Wake head basketball coach.

Pic_zpsf44487a9.jpg
Jurgen-Klinsmann-1.jpg

Lololololol England. How predictable was their World Cup performance? They just aren't that good at soccer.

Back