• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Missed the match Friday, but looking forward to today's against Panama (5:30PM FS2). Big game against the strongest competition to the US in this group. A win would put us in a great position.

Might be a good idea to start Hymenman or whatever his name is

Tough tournament to manage players with so many matches in a short period. Doesn't help that two of the tougher teams we play back to back. I'd expect a very different lineup today, hoping Hyndman and Gooch get starts.

I would think/hope that Tab knows this is the critical game and planned his rotation to get his first choice together tonight

I would think/hope that Tab knows this is the critical game and planned his rotation to get his first choice together tonight

Looks that way to me.

B7GYJJuCAAA6VAc.png

First thoughts, this field is destroyed. Moore looks promising at RB. Tough to play on the ground on this ppiece of Shit.

On the plus side, Jamaica uses a chair rather than a stretcher. They then tilt them back and wheel them off on two legs. Entertaining.

Brutal match to watch. Partially because it's the worst pitch I've seen used in about 6-7 years, but more so because the team was boring as shit with no real game plan. Ramos is done.

Mix to NYCFC. Sounds like Jozy is "deciding" between Toronto FC and NYRB.

World Cup Qualifying pushed up almost a whole year with a new CONCACAF schedule. USMNT will start qualifying its campaign in November of 2015:

November 7 – 17, 2015
March 21 – 29, 2016
August 29 – September 6, 2016

Here's the whole schedule. USA begins play in Round 4.

2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Schedule

Round One (March 23 – 31, 2015)
Round Two (June 8 – 16, 2015)
Round Three (August 31 – September 8, 2015)
Round Four (November 7 – 17, 2015 / March 21 – 29, 2016 / August 29 – September 6, 2016)
Round Five (November 7 – 15, 2016 / March 20 – 28, 2017 / June 5 – 13, 2017 / August 28 – September 5, 2017 / October 2 – 10, 2017)

Makes sense. The February hex matches of the past were squeezed into a 3-day FIFA window in the middle of a week and there were three games in June too which meant a busy summer for teams with that, the Confed Cup and the Gold Cup.

Just kinda weird CONCACAF will be doing its draw (on Thursday) before the full FIFA one

Back