• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I'm about 99% sure I saw Vidovich today in Milwaukee watching Development Academy games.

Also, looks like Argentina is finally realizing they're playing a U-23 team

No, he has been sensational tonight.

If he doesn't score tho, that is zero goals in 15 straight international appearances. Surely someone that people tout as the GOAT shouldn't have such a record on their CV...

US Virgin Islands advance 4-1 on aggregate over British Virgin Islands. Take THAT Britain!

Dominican Republic and the Bahamas have also advanced. Aruba and Belize are up a couple goals after their first leg matches.

Lol you and dv7 cannot argue without thinking of your club teams first

Good post. Makes a lot of sense in this situation. Or is that no sense? Dv in the same post called Messi's play sensational and then criticized him, something I found petty and a bit stupid. Clearly this shows blatant Man Utd and Barcelona bias

Boxx and LePeilbet in the starting XI. Why is no one calling for Pia's head?!? If this was Bob making that decision y'all would be shouting crucify him.

lol, you can't post anything without sucking off Bob

that's how you make this kind of post, dumbass. You reference your pre-determined thought that you're just dying to interject for an occasion that actually fits.

lol, you can't post anything without sucking off Bob

that's how you make this kind of post, dumbass. You reference your pre-determined thought that you're just dying to interject for an occasion that actually fits.

Because what in this post is praising Bob? Dumbass

Good post. Makes a lot of sense in this situation. Or is that no sense? Dv in the same post called Messi's play sensational and then criticized him, something I found petty and a bit stupid. Clearly this shows blatant Man Utd and Barcelona bias

15 straight competitive internationals without a goal. :smh:

OptaJose Opta Sports
2 – Lionel Messi has made as many assists as he has had shots on target at the Copa América 2011. Role

I really liked the Kun and Messi connection last night. I didn't know if they were really compatible together but they were on point. Unlike Tevez, Kun figured out that if he gave the ball up to Messi around the box he was likely to get it back by the goal

This might be a Hass, but I just saw it linked on deadspin.

The act of diving, as the fake falls are called, is crafty or cynical, artful gamesmanship or outright cheating, depending on one’s view. Although the use of the ruse was clearly evident on Sunday during the United States’ riveting World Cup quarterfinal victory over Brazil, the relative lack of this tactic in women’s soccer was captured in a study conducted at Wake Forest University. Researchers determined that women were much less likely than men to dive and fake injuries, an act also known as simulation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/12/s...ithout-all-the-dramatics.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Chile wins on an extra time own goal by Peru. Mexico - Uruguay up next.

Uruguay needs a win to finish 2nd and a draw to guarantee a spot in the quarterfinals. I'm guessing they win by 3.

Back