• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I watched a bit of the second half. Mexico appeared to be on a soccer version of a power play. Cuba is turrible.

Oh, hey, ladies, it's game day.

198191-650-366.jpg

How many goals for the US tonight? I'm thinking 4.

O/U at 2.5 in my book though.

I'm an optimist.

Haiti is the only other team in CONCACAF we have a losing record against (Mexico being the obvious other one). A win tonight gets us to .500 against them, all-time.

I say 4-1. I envision us doing something stupid defensively at some point that costs us a goal. Like Chandler or Yedlin completely losing their mark. Again.

Someone help me understand center back pairings, both for our team and in general.
Can the following pairings play together?
Gonzalez/Brooks
Besler/Brooks
Besler/Gonzalez

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread (Gold Cup: USA vs. Haiti TONIGHT 8...

Not that I know of but he's clearly in Klinsi's doghouse so I didn't bother listing him.

Edit: just googled what is German for doghouse and found out that it's Hundehutte. #themoreyouknow

Is Cameron hurt?

Supposedly Stoke asked him to sit out the Gold Cup to heal a couple nagging injuries. I have no doubt that they asked, but I also suspect that if Cameron was a priority for Jurgen, he'd be in the States right now and not wherever Stoke will be training this summer.

Get used to him, Jurgen loves him.

he literally, YES LITERALLY, got so far out of position that he was vertically in line with Brooks about 7 yards behind the defensive line. I've never seen anything like that from a professional player. I'm not even sure I've seen something as terrible as that from a high school player!

Someone help me understand center back pairings, both for our team and in general.
Can the following pairings play together?
Gonzalez/Brooks
Besler/Brooks
Besler/Gonzalez

Besler/Gonzo was the go to pairing during qualifying and the World Cup until injuries took hold of all of them

Field at Gillette looks like shit. Temporary sod fields are never a good idea. Why even bother?

Back