• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Bradley's goal celebration was like...

Roy-Keane-wheels-away-aft-001.jpg

Zardes is not good enough

Agree with you.

I was hoping he was like 19/20 after the first match. He is 23 turning 24 in under 2 months.

He probably isn't going to get much better. At some point it isn't "raw" talent and turns into "that guy is just an athlete."

I just don't understand why its so hard for our outside backs to close space on the wings and deny service into the box. Panama's only plan so far has been to work the ball into the corners and cross.

I just don't understand why its so hard for our outside backs to close space on the wings and deny service into the box. Panama's only plan so far has been to work the ball into the corners and cross.

Ooooh! Ooooh! I have the answer!

Clearly the tactics are to "accordion" in when not in possession so our outside backs come inside the outer markings of the 18 yard box. This is tactical to deny space for through balls and to cluster up the middle of the pitch (with CMs dropping deep as well), but it does leave you exposed to passes wide and crosses in. Jurgen is banking on Brooks and Alvarado heading away said crosses as, and this is just my guess, he doesn't trust Alvarado and Brooks enough to contend with dangerous through balls on their own.

But it is purely tactical.

Timmy Chandler sucks baboon balls. He is SO BAD. Worst player on the pitch tonight.

Back