• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Haha, I was watching this game live last night for really no reason that would make it seem less sad than simply watching the USL game of the week on a Tuesday night. However, Sacremento had a dude playing up top that looked less fit than any guy in my Sunday football league. I think his name was Ochoa. It was incredible.

USL is awesome, and all the non-ESPN3 games are free on YouTube. Fun way to see a lot of up and coming guys as well as some blasts from the past.

Fun fact, Ochoa played for our U20 World Cup team in 2005 that featured the likes of Benny Feilhaber and Jonathan Spector. Oh, and Freddy Adu. That team actually beat Messi's Argentina in the group stage!

I'll throw it out here: my rec league buddies are lazy as fuck and didn't snag initial tickets. Anyone have an additional two tickets they would like to sell for the T&T game?

nope. not until he steps onto the field for the men's team in an official match (not a friendly). hasn't happened yet. i don't see him playing for england though.

Nah, he has (and that article mentions this) enjoyed his time on U20. He will be capped and possibly at the Denver qualifier (sweet).

If he hasn't broken into the Spurs team then Southgate isn't going to call him up for England this season. No rush, IMO.

OK, but why not make it a moot point? We were getting our asses kicked and Klinsmann should have thrown him out there.

The answer is that there's no reason not to. Whether he's playing at Tottenham or not is kinda irrelevant. He's a good player, we could have locked him up, and we didn't. Shit you could argue he could have started for as bad as we were in the back that game. It'll get resolved this summer as he will certainly see the field during the Gold Cup, which will cap-tie him, and we can worry about the next guy.

How many times has he actually played well against adults? He was possibly our worst field player in the U23 qualifying disaster, and I don't believe he made such an impact in his cup appearances that he demanded more time. There's no need to rush him in.

Brutal. The 17s give up an equalizer to Mexico in the 92nd, minute, then lose 5-4 in penalties. Mexico are CONCACAF champs again.

Back