• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

What an awful gaffe by Klinsmann. He had a simple ball to play wide left, got cute, got burned. Great strike by de la Torre to salvage a tie.

Sargent is pretty ridiculous. Kid's still 17? All he does is score.

1. I don't like the Klinsmann kid, he's a cock.
2. The ball played back to him was pretty suspect and then he just botched it from there, bad all around.
3. Klinsmann did make 3 huge saves in the second half that were very impressive

1. I don't like the Klinsmann kid, he's a cock.
2. The ball played back to him was pretty suspect and then he just botched it from there, bad all around.
3. Klinsmann did make 3 huge saves in the second half that were very impressive

Meh, the ball was fine. Just play it wide immediately and it's all good, though I agree that he made some nice saves. He's there for a reason - from what I've seen, he's a quality keeper.

Was that the same right back that got burnt on the first two goals and played an awful pass back to Klinsmann?

Was that the same right back that got burnt on the first two goals and played an awful pass back to Klinsmann?

Nah, Redding was the dude getting smoked on the first two goals and Herrera was the awful back pass.

this is probably as good a place as any to note that 16-year-old Andrew Carleton got into the game very late last Saturday for Atlanta United vs. Houston, and in a possible passing of the MNT torch, was marked for a bit by 116-year-old DeMarcus Beasley

That third goal. Yikes.

Sargent is the kid also playing for the U-17's, right? He is going to be a ginger boss.

Maybe someone can help me embed the tweet. This kid is the GOAT.

https://twitter.com/WillParchman/status/867074426461986817

Last edited:
Man, we were so happy when he picked the US.

This thread prompted me to google Julian Green, looks like he was decent for Stuttgart in their promotion run-in.

Back