• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Villafana and Zusi are horrible. No more, please. I can't take it.

Rowe has earned my respect. Would like to see him in MF with PuliSICK and Nagbe. Move Fabian back to LB.

Who is out and who is in?

In...Howard, Jozy, Bradley, Demps, Gonzalez, Nagbe?

Out...Bedoya, Guzan, Johnson, Dax, Morris, ??

Is Hamid better than Guzan?

I’ve been to 20 DC United matches in the last three years and Hamid is a worse version of Mignolet. He makes a lot of saves that are legit world class but then he’ll get one low and right off his body and just shit himself trying to fall and block it with his hands. Like, if he just kick saved every ball he could he would give up less goals. Also, the Mignolet comp works because he is pathetic on crosses. Waits way too long then jumps late and flaps when it doesn’t matter so he isn’t just standing there when the ball inevitably goes in the net.

Basically his highlight reel is the best keeper we have but his lowlight reel is way worse than Guzan’s.

I’ve been to 20 DC United matches in the last three years and Hamid is a worse version of Mignolet. He makes a lot of saves that are legit world class but then he’ll get one low and right off his body and just shit himself trying to fall and block it with his hands. Like, if he just kick saved every ball he could he would give up less goals. Also, the Mignolet comp works because he is pathetic on crosses. Waits way too long then jumps late and flaps when it doesn’t matter so he isn’t just standing there when the ball inevitably goes in the net.

Basically his highlight reel is the best keeper we have but his lowlight reel is way worse than Guzan’s.
Jesse Gonzalez to the rescue

Mostly expected, but I thought Rowe has been one of the better outside mids. Guzan, Johnson, Roldan, Rowe, Bedoya and Dwyer sent home. Howard, Gonzalez, Bradley, Nagbe, Altidore and Dempsey brought in. What the hell did Pontius do?

Last edited:
Mostly expected, but I thought Rowe has been one of the better outside mids. Guzan, Johnson, Roldan, Rowe, Bedoya and Dwyer sent home. Howard, Gonzalez, Bradley, Nagbe, Altidore and Dempsey brought in. What the hell did Pontius do?
WTF? Why was Rowe sent home?

I don't understand Rowe going home

And I guess I get Dwyer with the additions for pure numbers sake. But he has been fun to watch even with some of the mistakes. He makes defenders put in some work

Has Ike ever been called up? I know he's been injured a lot, but I remember after the 2010 WC he was listed on ESPN's "Way Too Early 2014 WC Starting XI" for potential, and then he kinda disappeared at San Jose.

Looks like he's stepped up tremendously for SKC this season and is frontrunner for Defender of the Year. Any chance he makes the World Cup? (Admittedly no idea how early lineups are pretty much finalized)

El Salvador then Costa Rica/Panama winner our path to finals.

Has Ike ever been called up? I know he's been injured a lot, but I remember after the 2010 WC he was listed on ESPN's "Way Too Early 2014 WC Starting XI" for potential, and then he kinda disappeared at San Jose.

Looks like he's stepped up tremendously for SKC this season and is frontrunner for Defender of the Year. Any chance he makes the World Cup? (Admittedly no idea how early lineups are pretty much finalized)
Ike should have been called into camp this time. Unfortunate that he wasn't (his recent concussion occurred at a time when he would have been in camp, right?). Deserved it in lieu of Hedges based on form.

Last edited:
Ike should have been called into camp this time. Unfortunate that he wasn't (his recent concussion occurred at a time when he would have been in camp, right?). Deserved it in lieu of Hedges based on form.

Yeah, he wouldn't haven't been playing in Open Cup.

I just don't see Opara making this team next year.

Pulisic with 2 assists yesterday vs. AC Milan. The other goal he was drew a penalty in the box.

Kid going full superstar.

Back