• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

American Outlaws just announced that the 2nd plane of 172 passangers is filled up. Starting a waiting list for a 3rd plane now.

Can't say I'm crazy about the sound of this tweet:

Oguchi Onyewu @OguchiOnyewu5

What doesn't kill me WILL only make me stronger! I WILL come back stronger and better!!! Thank you for ur prayers and words. BLESS!!!

Can't say I'm crazy about the sound of this tweet:

Oguchi Onyewu @OguchiOnyewu5

What doesn't kill me WILL only make me stronger! I WILL come back stronger and better!!! Thank you for ur prayers and words. BLESS!!!

His knee injury sounded like BAD news.

Looks like Onyewu is out 8 weeks. I think. But I've never been a good translator so that may be wrong. Not sure what language that tweet was in.

Confirmed:

Onyewu suffered a torn ligament and meniscus in his right knee and requires surgery that will keep him out of action for two months, according to Sporting Lisbon's official website.

Balls. At least it's not the same injury as last time. I think that was a tendon in his left knee. Hope it doesn't take as long to rehab.

soccer.com has the White Donovan Home kits on sale right now for 25.00 if you are a goal club member. XL and XXL only remaining sizes in stock. PM me if you need a goal club password

U-23s vs FC Dallas kicking off in a few:

4-3-3 Hamid; Sarkodie, Opara, Valentin, Villafana; Okugo, Adu, Jeffrey; Agudelo, Bunbury, Shea

Jurgen Klinsmann will announce the U.S. roster for the match against Italy tomorrow

Some other notes from the match:

Freddy Adu had a PK saved in the first half.
U-23 RB was sent off for a bad challenge while the match was tied 1-1
U-23 finished with 9 players after Shea was sent off.

Back