• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rich Wash is redshirting

Predicting defections a fools errand?

I’ll give it a whirl.

Rich Wash 90% chance he gone.

Crawford hasn’t he already mentally defected? Off to Greece, Turkey or China 60%.

Doral Moore looked good against Bagley and Carter in Durham until refs screwed him. He straight up stoned Bagley twice early with blocks. Then certainly looked very good the other night against both of them. Remember it is 1 versus 2 since our PF is invisible. If he keeps making jumpers and jump hooks...40% gone and someone like the Mavs or Bucks would grab him in round 2. He keeps looking better each game, as in he might be ready.

SJM 30% chance as he could be a scoring big with good post moves for someone like James Madison, Hofstra, UAB etc. I guess his defense sucks. I like his game and based on Sarr, who I really like, just softly missing shots and throwing the ball away, would like to see SJM get a chance to play some. The one time he goes strong, he blows the dunk. Seems like a doghouse situation or something for SJM. If Moore does leave and get drafted, SJM stays since despite our record, Manning is developing NBA Ready bigs, imho.

Melo just due to lack of playing time, 10%. I like him and wish he would get minutes now. Not sure why he isn’t.

Anybody else, 5% chance.

I taught Washington last semester and he's a good kid. No matter what he chooses to do I wish him well.

No inside info. Didn’t mean to convey that I did.

The fool’s errand part of it is that, often times, the player that leaves isn’t the one you want to leave.

I don't believe this makes any sense if Washington intends to transfer to another D-1 school

with the 4 signed recruits on the way in, we have 14 projected scholarships for 13 slots next year...

Green shirt

Green shirt

WTF are you talking about?

Here's the definition of green shirt:

"The more common term for a greenshirt is "early enrollee." A greenshirt is a player who graduates high school in December of their senior year and opts to enroll in college before Signing Day. Athletes who greenshirt still have five years to play four seasons, so they can still redshirt."

How is Rich an early enrollee??

NCAA ruled against a female BB player who did what some are suggesting R Washington do. She sat out last season with an injury, transferred this past summer and petitioned to play at her new school this season. NCAA said no. She has to sit a year at her current school and will be eligible in fall 2018.

NCAA ruled against a female BB player who did what some are suggesting R Washington do. She sat out last season with an injury, transferred this past summer and petitioned to play at her new school this season. NCAA said no. She has to sit a year at her current school and will be eligible in fall 2018.

Even if he has to sit out a year after transferring, he still has the same number of years of eligibility left though right? So redshirting would still preserve a year of college ball for him. Maybe I don't have a full understanding of transfer rules though.

Even if he has to sit out a year after transferring, he still has the same number of years of eligibility left though right? So redshirting would still preserve a year of college ball for him. Maybe I don't have a full understanding of transfer rules though.

unless there is a medical issue or other extreme circumstance creating a waiver, you get 5 years to play 4

so if Washington played this year, he could transfer to a D1 program, sit a year as required, and then play two years

he's redshirting but if he transfers to a D1 program he will still need to sit next year as required; at that point he will only have two years left before the 5-year clock runs out (even though he would in that case only play 3 years)

therefore if he intends to go D1 next year he gained nothing by sitting

he did preserve a year of JUCO eligibility should he decide to go that route, or in case of another medical redshirt

unless there is a medical issue or other extreme circumstance creating a waiver, you get 5 years to play 4

so if Washington played this year, he could transfer to a D1 program, sit a year as required, and then play two years

he's redshirting but if he transfers to a D1 program he will still need to sit next year as required; at that point he will only have two years left before the 5-year clock runs out (even though he would in that case only play 3 years)

therefore if he intends to go D1 next year he gained nothing by sitting

he did preserve a year of JUCO eligibility should he decide to go that route, or in case of another medical redshirt

Okay I wasn't aware of the Med redshirt v redshirt rule allowing you a sixth year. Thanks for the info

no, he loses a year if he transfers directly to a d1 program.

Back