• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rick Ross article in GQ

I don't know much about Rick Ross, but I thought the article was fairly entertaining.

I'm not a star, somebody lied, I've got a chopper in the car

Tupac back.
3364334977_744e7a7637.jpg

Last edited:
thats one of my boss rules. it feels good to be somebody!!

god bless america.

This made me laugh:

"I have no idea where the bricks of money come from, but every so often another appears, and Ross throws hundreds and hundreds of never-before-touched $1 bills on the floor. Not with any kind of flourish or fetishistic savor or anything, but like a man feeding pigeons. A man who doesn't even really like pigeons. Eventually, with considerably less enthusiasm than pigeons being fed, some of the strippers migrate over to the Maybach Music area. The money is three or four inches thick on the floor and on the benches where we stand. Now, I have heard songs about "making it rain," but I didn't exactly know what it meant. And now I can't understand why no one, not even the strippers, is picking up the money. It requires a shameful amount of impulse control not to stuff my pockets."

A very well-written article. This about sums it all up:

"But where Rick Ross really separates himself is that he inhabits the cliché completely while also seeming to know it's a cliché. You can like him if you think you're hard, and you can like him if you think being hard is ridiculous. Because Rick Ross is always both inside and outside a joke he's making about hip-hop music. I mean, look at him in the Lil Wayne "John" video. The man is sitting in a wheelchair that has big silver spinner rims on it. But at the same time he looks so freakin' boss in that burgundy velour suit."

I like how he came from a rough life and fought his way up through the streets as a drug dealer into the rap game. Just like he says it in all his records and interviews.
Oh wait, he came from a nice family and all of that a bunch of lies.....
I think this is a more accurate picture than any that GQ will provide.

Attachments

• ross-the-co-1.jpg
    ross-the-co-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
I like how he came from a rough life and fought his way up through the streets as a drug dealer into the rap game. Just like he says it in all his records and interviews.
Oh wait, he came from a nice family and all of that a bunch of lies.....
I think this is a more accurate picture than any that GQ will provide.

Did you read the article?

This made me laugh:

"I have no idea where the bricks of money come from, but every so often another appears, and Ross throws hundreds and hundreds of never-before-touched $1 bills on the floor. Not with any kind of flourish or fetishistic savor or anything, but like a man feeding pigeons. A man who doesn't even really like pigeons. Eventually, with considerably less enthusiasm than pigeons being fed, some of the strippers migrate over to the Maybach Music area. The money is three or four inches thick on the floor and on the benches where we stand. Now, I have heard songs about "making it rain," but I didn't exactly know what it meant. And now I can't understand why no one, not even the strippers, is picking up the money. It requires a shameful amount of impulse control not to stuff my pockets."

I think that was my favorite part too.

It's cute to me after 30+ years of rap people still think of rappers as real people telling real stories instead of entertainers trying to get paid. I bet DeaconOEF probably thinks Tom Hanks is an astronaut, cross-dresser, WWII soldier, and toy cowboy doll too.

Back