• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Gene Wilder

1HWQIPa.gif

it's going to make me sad if all of the articles put willy wonka ahead of his mel brooks works.

Damn I loved this guy- incredible talent but he was never the same after the death of Gilda.

This is too bad. In 1972 I was invited to an opening night afterparty for a movie called Frogs. Georgie McCowan was the director and he was a genius. The movie was about some people trapped on an amphibian infested ilsand in the pacific. So I there and I start talking to Cybill Shepard about how her house was used to film a lot of scenes in the Godfather, and she's going to set up a lunch for me with Coppola so that I could pitch him a screenpaly that I had been working on. She's into it and grabs this woman walkig by and it's Gilda, who also thinks it will be huge. Gilda steers us to the bar and introduced me to Jerome (or Jerry, as I called him) - you know him as Gene Wilder. Jerry has had a few drinks and has a wager going with McCowan that you can't actually get high by licking a frog, and he talks Cybill into trying it. So Cybill, Jerry, Gilda, and I are all out in Georgie's back yard, trying to catch frogs out of his pool and screaming at him that he needs to get a damn pool boy because it was disguisting. Gilda finally caught a frog and she and Cybill both licked it. Next thing you know they are making out on the bar while Georgie is scrambling for an 8mm camera. Cybill looks up, sees Georgie filmoing and me watching and screams at us to get the fuck out. The next day I tried to play it off but she was in rehab for months and didn't even remember meeting me, so the coppola meeting didn't happen. Too bad....his loss.

Gene Wilder was fucking awesome, just a bawse.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

See No Evil, Hear No Evil is the first of his movies I ever saw and I still love it. He and Pryor were great together.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

No one did "manic" quite like Wilder. Very funny actor, and at least it seems he and his family did not suffer the way many others do with Alzheimer's.

Also, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Younger Brother is an underrated film.

Moon disgraced the memory of a comic legend with his typical non-funny rant.

Watch some of the master's work....maybe it will help....I doubt it...

What some may not know is that Pryor turned down the lead in Blazing Saddles.

Wilder was in two of the ten funniest movies of all time - Blazing Saddles. The Producers

Wilder was in two of the ten funniest movies of all time - Blazing Saddles. The Producers

I didn't know that. It would've been hard for someone to top Cleavon Little, if anyone could've, it might have been Pryor.

Last edited:
Back