• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Gene Wilder

This 'rkarl' is really in poor taste.

rkarl certainly isn't the comedic genius that rjkarl is

LOL. Someone was shamed into removing an rkarl compliment?

A) I'm going to watch Young Frankenstein tonight in his honor.

B) Pryor didn't turn down the role in Blazing Saddles. They couldn't get the movie financed with Pryor in the role due to the controversy around Pryor's standup routines at the time so Pryor was replaced even though he wrote part of the movie.

The rkarl parody is phenomenal. Fuck the haders.

B) Pryor didn't turn down the role in Blazing Saddles. They couldn't get the movie financed with Pryor in the role due to the controversy around Pryor's standup routines at the time so Pryor was replaced even though he wrote part of the movie.

Why do you LIE? EVERYONE in Hollywood knew that Pryor turned that role down. The BIGGER story was WHY he turned it down. The drivel you're spreading is the popular opinion, but the TRUTH is that he turned it down because he and Madeleine Kahn were having an affair and didn't want to have that awkward scene in front of Mel. Turns out that Mel ended up finding out at the Golden Globes the next winter, when Phil Cazzelmuzio spilled the beans after having 6 martinis. I was a couple of tables over and our whole corner of the room got really quiet until Jimmy Hawn (Goldie's brother) started laughing so hard that he had a minor heart attack. The EMTs showed up and we all forgot about the whole thing until the after party, when Jerry and Richard got into a brawl at McSorleys.

(B) is correct. Brooks had Pryor in mind for that part, but Pryor went through periods of being anathema to the studios, and he was in 1 of those anathema periods at that time so they got Little to do it. Little was fantastic too. Great all around cast too. The guy who played the mayor died recently as well. So many great lines in that movie.

Wilder was 1 of the greats.

Pryor was also inhaling about $5,000 of cocaine daily, which made him a bit of a wildcard.

From complications on Alzheimer’s, not publicly known, with Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Ella Fitzgerald playing in the background.

Hate he's gone, but at least the paparazzi didn't pester him late in life.

SILVER STREAK! That scene in the bathroom was priceless.

gene-wilder-silver-streak-1500x1000.jpg

The rkarl parody is phenomenal. Fuck the haders.

this. I completely bought it the first read through and thought to myself what is RJ going on about now.

Silver Streak and Stir Crazy were both very solid movies.

Back