• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rivers shot carbon copy of Childress at Cameron

The best thing about the shot last night was 22,000 Carolina fans all shutting up at the same time. That was very similar to the scene at Cameron.

I love how Zeller just stood there with his arms at his side. Classic defense on his part.

The best thing about the shot last night was 22,000 Carolina fans all shutting up at the same time. That was very similar to the scene at Cameron.

you are correct

there is no better way for a duke/carolina game to end. home team has the game in hand, the 14 events that must occur to piss the game away occur and the visiting team wins with a dagger at the buzzer.

hopefully the holes can turn it around and do the same in cameron.

Lots of time left on the clock after Randolph hit that shot. Very different, but an awesome shot nonetheless. I was in Cameron for that one - the confusion over whether it was a 2 or a 3, the time running down, etc. - surreal.

I was there too .......think there were only about 50 Wake fans in the whole place. Chill's shot was from almost the exact same spot as River's.
Agree about the confusion about a 2 or a 3 and Cameron was dead quiet until they figured it out. Don't think there was much or any time left on the clock. I remember it being right at the end of the game. Once the refs determined the shot was a 3, it was game over.

This was my one and only time at Cameron and I couldn't have picked a better game.

I was there too .......think there were only about 50 Wake fans in the whole place. Chill's shot was from almost the exact same spot as River's.
Agree about the confusion about a 2 or a 3 and Cameron was dead quiet until they figured it out. Don't think there was much or any time left on the clock. I remember it being right at the end of the game. Once the refs determined the shot was a 3, it was game over.

This was my one and only time at Cameron and I couldn't have picked a better game.

Duke had another possession, and I think they got a shot off. The big deal was whether Duke should hold the ball (if it was a 2, the game was tied), or rush to get a shot off. Clock kept ticking during the confusion. I think this is what brought about the stoppage of game and replay to determine 2 or 3, but I could just be giving that shot too much credit.

The other 2 vs 3 shot that Wake fans remember was the Maryland shot (clearly a 2!) against Duncan at the Joel in either 96 or 97 (I think 97). Kept us from being Number 1 for the first time ever. Unfortunately, I witnessed that one in person as well. I think they reviewed that shot and still ruled it a 3 somehow, but maybe that is the game that brought about replay. Someone with less hazy memory can chime in there.

the 2/3 ref fuckup was cc harrison. the maryland game is when profit's shot occurred after the buzzer. the officials counted it anyway.

fucked twice by the officials at home in the same year.

the 2/3 ref fuckup was cc harrison. the maryland game is when profit's shot occurred after the buzzer. the officials counted it anyway.

Thanks for the reminder :(

The Laron Profit call was a classic Dick Papparo fuck up.

Duke had another possession, and I think they got a shot off. The big deal was whether Duke should hold the ball (if it was a 2, the game was tied), or rush to get a shot off. Clock kept ticking during the confusion. I think this is what brought about the stoppage of game and replay to determine 2 or 3, but I could just be giving that shot too much credit.

The other 2 vs 3 shot that Wake fans remember was the Maryland shot (clearly a 2!) against Duncan at the Joel in either 96 or 97 (I think 97). Kept us from being Number 1 for the first time ever. Unfortunately, I witnessed that one in person as well. I think they reviewed that shot and still ruled it a 3 somehow, but maybe that is the game that brought about replay. Someone with less hazy memory can chime in there.

There was no stoppage in play and no replay. Len Wirtz came out of the officials dressing room and asked the official scorer if he had recorded a two or a three. The scorer said two. Wirtz instructed him to record a three. This occured after the game clock had expired.

There was no stoppage in play and no replay. Len Wirtz came out of the officials dressing room and asked the official scorer if he had recorded a two or a three. The scorer said two. Wirtz instructed him to record a three. This occured after the game clock had expired.

Wirtz was not an official in either the Maryland@Wake or NCSU@Wake games in '97.

http://www.sportsstats.com/bball/boxlines/WFU/1997

What did you think of the endings of the Marland@Wake and NCSU@Wake games back in '97? Any interesting info to share about those while we are on the subject of end of game shenanigans?

What did you think of the endings of the Marland@Wake and NCSU@Wake games back in '97? Any interesting info to share about those while we are on the subject of end of game shenanigans?

Not really. Just bang bang calls at the end of the games with no replay available.

Not really. Just bang bang calls at the end of the games with no replay available.

The Profit shot was tolerable, but the CC Harrison shot was such a horrible mistake. It wasn't even close.

had a miracle at home against fsu once. like 17 down with 8 left or something absurd.

Back