• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roanoke VA Reporter & Cameraman Shot Dead on Live TV

Gunman must have really had it in for the Smith Mountain Lake Chamber of Commerce. WTF ?

Looking forward to the NRA press release saying that reporters need to carry guns.

you can see the shooter at the 12 second mark. looks like he's wearing a mask.

holy s.

you can see the shooter at the 12 second mark. looks like he's wearing a mask.

holy s.

CNVmutRVEAAxpC3.png

This is a video of two people being murdered in cold blood since Townie didn't point that out.

Yes. Apologies. It's in the video title, and the subject of the thread, and doesn't really show anything, but yes. Still a terrifying video.

It seems too random to be random. I'm guessing the shooter was the reporter's ex or a stalker.

No doubt reporters and cameramen are going to be more guarded than usual today. Just sad and ridiculous.

fyc's pic is clearer than pausing it. guess not a mask. not sure what is more disturbing the guy's face or what looked like a rubber mask.

It seems too random to be random. I'm guessing the shooter was the reporter's ex or a stalker.

No doubt reporters and cameramen are going to be more guarded than usual today. Just sad and ridiculous.

This is kind of what I was thinking/almost hoping. I'd rather there be a motive than another random and senseless act of violence.

i know a woman that worked as a news reporter for a few years post college likely in a similar role as this woman. her stories of stalking and letters that would be addressed to her at the station were chilling. she got out of the business and moved across the country.

Other Virginia news affiliate:

The odd thing is, there is no mention of the woman being interviewed, at least that I've seen. Was she also shot, and if so what is her fate? If it was just the reporter and cameraman, could they have done a story on him recently and this is revenge? So many different possibilities.

Back