• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roanoke VA Reporter & Cameraman Shot Dead on Live TV

According to the manifesto he sent to ABC News, the carnage from today is his response to the racial Charleston Church shooting.

Source:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

Later in the manifesto, the writer quotes the Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho, calls him “his boy,” and expresses admiration for the Columbine High School killers. “Also, I was influenced by Seung–Hui Cho. That’s my boy right there. He got NEARLY double the amount that Eric Harris and Dylann Klebold got…just sayin.'"

:rulz:

So he's a gay black man shooting white people? Every OWG's true nightmare.

If you believe in the death penalty I don't see much jump in logic to supporting the use of deadly force or wishing the suspect dies when there is irrefutable evidence that they committed the crime. A trial isn't going to change anything except cost millions of dollars.

i think it's disturbing that people wish for his death rather than trial

Why? Do you know how expensive a trial would have been? At least several hundred thousand. Then if he got the death penalty, numerous appeals costing another few to several hundred thousand (which I do support in death penalty cases) + another couple hundred thousand in prison expenses till he's executed. If he doesn't get the death penalty, then you're keeping in prison for life at $30+K per year. So he just saved the commonwealth a couple million. Add to that the victim's loved ones go through the entire experience again through an agonizing trial, so they're now spared that. And it's not like there was going to be some value in learning something valuable from a thorough analysis of this sick fuck's messed up mind. He was probably just a crazy sick fuck.

Look, I'm not a death penalty supporter, mostly because I don't want the state in that business and because it's not applied fairly. But when a sick fuck murderer offs himself or loses a fire fight with the cops, I'm all for it.

So I went to college with Adam and my wife was close with Alison. Another sad, sad day. Just... Damn.

My friend posted this in 2012. Weird.

R0TQwwV.png

if you believe in the rule of law, then you should believe in justice being served by a jury of his peers.

either that or let the police or private citizens shoot people who break the law

people love the Constitution except when they don't

What does the Constitution have to do with this?

So we hope he lives so that we can spend $2mil trying him only to execute him? A Cville jury may not have given him the death penalty, but a Franklin County jury sure would have.

So we hope he lives so that we can spend $2mil trying him only to execute him? A Cville jury may not have given him the death penalty, but a Franklin County jury sure would have.

Money should not be an object of concern as far as justice and the rule of law is concerned.

Dragging somebody behind a car is a cruel and unusual punishment.

Sad that the pro-death penalty and anti-trial crowds are using this tragedy to score political points.

james holmes isn't going to be executed

if you believe in the rule of law, then you should believe in justice being served by a jury of his peers.

either that or let the police or private citizens shoot people who break the law

I agree that cops and judges shouldn't have star chamber arrangements where they decide which bad people should be taken out. We're not talking about that. We're also not talking about a whodunit. And had he survived, he would have been tried by a jury of his peers, convicted and given the death penalty. But by taking himself out, he saved the commonwealth $2mil and spared the victims loved ones of reliving this nightmare at trial. Why is that not the desired result? I wish that South Carolina kid would have had the decency to have done the same thing.

Keep fanning those "Racism is Everywhere....and if you fail, it's not your fault...Racism is to blame" fires.

What in the fucking fuck are you talking about? The killer in this case had done well professionally.

james holmes isn't going to be executed

James Holmes did what he did in the Denver area, not Franklin County, Virginia. 99% likelhiood this guy would have gotten the death penalty in the moonshine capital of the East Coast of the US.

There are tons of laws we chose not to enforce to the best of our ability as a society in the name of practical cost savings.

If you're caught on live camera doing something, supported by your own self-uploaded POV perspective of the crime along with a 23 page faxed confession, there should be an express line in commuting a sentence.

Back