• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roanoke VA Reporter & Cameraman Shot Dead on Live TV

I don't really understand how they didn't see him and the gun though.

I would think that reporters and camera people are trained to ignore people surrounding them since many times people will try to get their 15 seconds of fame by getting their face in on an ongoing interview or live TV footage. That said, it does surprise me too that he stood there a decent amount of time before he did anything. So tragic and strange.

I can't imagine what goes through someones head to do this and then also film it - what the absolute fuck

And if Twitter posts could be a clue to his location, wouldn't you want the account to remain active so that he might continue to leave a trail of wifi/cell networks to follow? I mean, I getting wanting to stop the tweets, but the location data is crucial.

I don't really understand how they didn't see him and the gun though.

Complete and total tunnel vision. He was right there. Aimed the gun at them for a few seconds within an arms length of the camera guy, seemed to have a second thought when they didn't respond at all, walked around for a bit and then came back. Ugh.

And if Twitter posts could be a clue to his location, wouldn't you want the account to remain active so that he might continue to leave a trail of wifi/cell networks to follow? I mean, I getting wanting to stop the tweets, but the location data is crucial.

Could easily have someone else posting it and all that bs. Suspending it was 100% the correct decision

Complete and total tunnel vision. He was right there. Aimed the gun at them for a few seconds within an arms length of the camera guy, seemed to have a second thought when they didn't respond at all, walked around for a bit and then came back. Ugh.

When he first walked up behind them you could hear him call her 'bitch'

Wonder if he was wanting them to see the gun before he shot maybe hoping they'd beg for the their lives or something, then when that didn't happen he decided to just start shooting. On the video it wasn't until he started firing that they became aware at all of what was going on.

I think he was waiting for them to go live.

Yeah, he most likely posted from his cell, and even without 'location services' or GPS turned on, they can easily get his number and see which cell towers he is pining off of /uploading data through. That gives them a radius of probably anywhere from 2-10 miles, depending on the age of the towers / whether multiple towers have been pinged. Its only a matter of time once they have that.

Pretty fucked up that they identified the wrong guy first. That guy could have been shot by cops.

Is Bryce Williams really AKA Flannigan or did they just plain get the wrong 'disgruntled former black employee' ?

As mentioned they look nothing alike.

Last edited:
Pretty fucked up that they identified the wrong guy first. That guy could have been shot by cops.

Something like that is going to happen one day. The media is so damn quick to report on things, they say things and portray things as facts they don't even take an opportunity to verify.

Over racist comments?

fucking hell....even if she said "I hate n****rs", it doesnt merit this....god I hate people sometimes.

Back