• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roberson to 2022 NFL Draft

he seemed a bit hobbled late in the season, hopefully he’s at full strength during pre-draft workouts. really hopeful that he can be a solid nfl reliever.

I like Roberson. I think I said this in another thread, but he's not getting much love from the draft sites thus far. Most sites I've seen don't go past their current top 100 yet, and he's not in any top 100 list. But 2 that do, Pro Football Network and Great Blue North, have him as their 59th and 40th best WR, which is well into UDFA territory. And we were on TV more than usual, so you'd think draft sites would be familiar with him. He's not on the list of Senior Bowl invitees, at least not yet. I hope he gets an invite both there and to the underwear olympics. A good showing at the Senior Bowl could make a big difference for him.

Glad he was a Deac. Hope it works out for him. Deac players don't have the best track record leaving early, let's hope he bucks the trend.

He is projected to be a day 3 draft pick right now. At 6'1" and 180 he could be a good fit on the right team.

Glad he was a Deac. Hope it works out for him. Deac players don't have the best track record leaving early, let's hope he bucks the trend.

He is projected to be a day 3 draft pick right now. At 6'1" and 180 he could be a good fit on the right team.

He was a 5th year player this year. I don't necessarily put this in the same category of leaving early as others that have left. He's at the point where staying and being a year older could actually hurt him.

I like Roberson. I think I said this in another thread, but he's not getting much love from the draft sites thus far. Most sites I've seen don't go past their current top 100 yet, and he's not in any top 100 list. But 2 that do, Pro Football Network and Great Blue North, have him as their 59th and 40th best WR, which is well into UDFA territory. And we were on TV more than usual, so you'd think draft sites would be familiar with him. He's not on the list of Senior Bowl invitees, at least not yet. I hope he gets an invite both there and to the underwear olympics. A good showing at the Senior Bowl could make a big difference for him.

He tweeted out an invite last week and deleted the tweet.

He's really, really good, so this is not a slight on him, but Roberson could have been our 3rd best receiver next year if he returned. He took a back seat to AT pretty frequently this year, though partly due to double teams and injuries.

He tweeted out an invite last week and deleted the tweet.

Ah, thanks for that info. Hopefully he gets that invite back. Solid SB weeks are crucial for those guys who are viewed as late day 3/UDFAs. Hell, if Quinn Meinerz hadn't gotten that SB invite last year, he would have been a UDFA instead of a day 2 pick.

I don't pretend to know enough about the WR position to give a solid assessment of his NFL potential, but: (1) the guy gets open all the time, which strikes me as a really intelligent receiver and (2) he makes tough catches in traffic. He might not have a 40 time or measurables that will blow scouts away, but I think he has "it." Best of luck to Q.

He's really, really good, so this is not a slight on him, but Roberson could have been our 3rd best receiver next year if he returned. He took a back seat to AT pretty frequently this year, though partly due to double teams and injuries.

Yeah, with Perry's size, I bet he gets a lot more draft love than Roberson is getting.

He was a 5th year player this year. I don't necessarily put this in the same category of leaving early as others that have left. He's at the point where staying and being a year older could actually hurt him.

This. He is 24. I would not want to be a 25-year-old wide receiver in the draft next year.

Also, as far as senior bowl, Clawson seem to indicate that he is not participating in the gator bowl was at least partially due to injury rather than a straight up opt out.

Perry, Greene, Williams, Morin, and Banks should still be a top 3 WR corps in the league next year - maybe top 1.

I don't pretend to know enough about the WR position to give a solid assessment of his NFL potential, but: (1) the guy gets open all the time, which strikes me as a really intelligent receiver and (2) he makes tough catches in traffic. He might not have a 40 time or measurables that will blow scouts away, but I think he has "it." Best of luck to Q.

This - Hope he crushes it at the next level.

Plus if Q returned for 2022 my gut tells me Ke'Shawn Williams explores the portal and we have neither after next season.

Wouldn't shock me if we snag a portal guy too. Also, Grimes might get involved early.

Really don't see any need at all to go into the portal for a WR. Perry, Greene and Banks on the outside with Williams and Morin in the slot is as good as any team in the conference especially given how tight the scholarship situation is and as you mentioned Grimes could factor in and Girard looks like he will be good in the slot as well. Would much rather any free scholarships be used on the defensive side of the ball unless there's a Jameson Williams level talent that desperately wants to come to Wake.

Thanks for a ton of memories, Jaquarii. Keep making us proud.

The small farming community of Murfreesboro, North Carolina, has many success stories and, of special note, one famous success story from the past 60 plus years. Here's hoping for a second one! For all the little towns in America, Go Q!

Really don't see any need at all to go into the portal for a WR. Perry, Greene and Banks on the outside with Williams and Morin in the slot is as good as any team in the conference especially given how tight the scholarship situation is and as you mentioned Grimes could factor in and Girard looks like he will be good in the slot as well. Would much rather any free scholarships be used on the defensive side of the ball unless there's a Jameson Williams level talent that desperately wants to come to Wake.

I laughed. Jameson Williams pondering should I transfer to Wake Forest or be drafted in the top 20? That dude is fast. I wanna see what his 40 time is at the combine. I'll tune in the the 1st half of that game Friday just to see how those Cincy CBs do against him and whoever is replacing Metchie. Didn't Metchie tear an ACL or something?

I hope he kills it in the NFL.

Wake should be more than fine next year at WR. There are a couple R-Fr that are interesting. Fields' high school tape looks good and C. Greene is an absolute burner, but is learning the position because I think he was an option QB in high school.

Best of luck, thanks for all the incredible plays as a Deac. Gutted out the end of the year while clearly dealing with injuries and still made plays. Had no idea he was 24, cannot blame him whatsoever for heading to the draft and hoping he reverses the trend lately of wake WRs struggling to break through. Super talented, seems like a great teammate.

Back