• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roberson to 2022 NFL Draft

Best of luck, thanks for all the incredible plays as a Deac. Gutted out the end of the year while clearly dealing with injuries and still made plays. Had no idea he was 24, cannot blame him whatsoever for heading to the draft and hoping he reverses the trend lately of wake WRs struggling to break through. Super talented, seems like a great teammate.

Interestingly, I saw this morning that Scotty Washington had added 20 pounds and just signed as a TE with someone. Maybe Cincinnati?

The small farming community of Murfreesboro, North Carolina, has many success stories and, of special note, one famous success story from the past 60 plus years. Here's hoping for a second one! For all the little towns in America, Go Q!

Help me out here, what exactly are the "Inner Banks?"

Interestingly, I saw this morning that Scotty Washington had added 20 pounds and just signed as a TE with someone. Maybe Cincinnati?

Wow. Yeah. He’s back with the Bengals.

For the love of God, will athletes please stop using the phrase "with that being said" in announcing every single departure or reopening of recruiting?

Wish him nothing but the best. Seems like the right move since we're loaded at receiver, but he raised the bar big time for Wake's passing game in general over the last couple years - just a great Deacon. Regardless of whether it's a late pick or an undrafted signing, I just hope he gets a legit opportunity with someone. He has NFL talent, just hope lingering injuries don't mess with his combine numbers.

Best of luck to a guy with the best set of hands I’ve seen in a wake uniform n a long time. My 11 year old said it best, “ throw it to number 5 bc he catches everything!”

The bowl game would be a chance for Q to show off and up his profile, however, if he is even slightly hobbled, opting out would seem to be the better choice. Great receiver but in going pro, the measurables are so very important and it is easy to slide off the scale and health can be a big issue on how that plays out. He has been nothing but fun to watch and a wonderful Deac that we will be able to follow with and NFL career with a little bit of luck.

I wish him the best of luck. Last season and this one through the UNC game, he was unreal.

The bowl game would be a chance for Q to show off and up his profile, however, if he is even slightly hobbled, opting out would seem to be the better choice. Great receiver but in going pro, the measurables are so very important and it is easy to slide off the scale and health can be a big issue on how that plays out. He has been nothing but fun to watch and a wonderful Deac that we will be able to follow with and NFL career with a little bit of luck.

someone said he had knee(?) surgery right after the pitt game and i think clawson said he was out for the bowl game regardless of his draft status. would guess it was probably arthroscopic surgery to clean up whatever he tweaked in the nc state game which hopefully means he’s back in time for the combine but probably not any pre-draft games which might be why the shrine bowl tweet was deleted.

I’ll remember Q for his clutch 3rd down catches, really hope he lands on an NFL roster

I don't pretend to know enough about the WR position to give a solid assessment of his NFL potential, but: (1) the guy gets open all the time, which strikes me as a really intelligent receiver and (2) he makes tough catches in traffic. He might not have a 40 time or measurables that will blow scouts away, but I think he has "it." Best of luck to Q.

Completely agree with this. He made tough catches and dropped very few.

Makes sense to move on at this age and give it a go. He was definitely not 100% toward the end of the season so also makes sense to get that cleaned up. Hope it works out - he was a baller. Next man up, Higgins just keeps popping them out.

Help me out here, what exactly are the "Inner Banks?"

To expand a bit. The towns/areas on the banks of the NC inland waters: Pamlico Sound and Albermarle Sound.
Now, who was the famous person alluded too? Catfish Hunter?
Best wishes to "Q".

To expand a bit. The towns/areas on the banks of the NC inland waters: Pamlico Sound and Albermarle Sound.
Now, who was the famous person alluded too? Catfish Hunter?
Best wishes to "Q".

Anyone who has driven to the beach on highway 17 could tell you that Catfish Hunter is from Hertford, not Murfreesboro.

It would be worth another thread to discuss the best athletes from Eastern NC and which town has the best.

Anyone who has driven to the beach on highway 17 could tell you that Catfish Hunter is from Hertford, not Murfreesboro.

OK, tho' pretty close. So who? Perry brothers, Gaylord & Jim, major league pitchers? Actually, I thought 'Q' was from Ahoskie. Hertford County.

Back