• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rodney Purvis

Baller Deac

Reaction score
Just saw that Purvis isn't traveling with the Pack to Spain because NCAA is basically investigating into the Upper Room being a legit high school . Hopefully he doesn't qualify. Suck it Pack!

He is going to qualify, won't be an issue. He is a smart kid, just all procedural stuff for the NCAA. First graduating class for Upper Room, so they have to make sure its legitimate and all that. Sucks that he will miss a trip of a lifetime for a college student.

Just saw that Purvis isn't traveling with the Pack to Spain because NCAA is basically investigating into the Upper Room being a legit high school . Hopefully he doesn't qualify. Suck it Pack!

He will qualify. As another poster said, it is very unfortunate that he is going to miss such a fun trip.

You can unwad your panties now.

How is this just now coming to the NCAA's attention? This didn't come up until now? That's bullshit NCAA.

How is this just now coming to the NCAA's attention? This didn't come up until now? That's bullshit NCAA.

agreed. apparently they don't look into it until the athlete sends their stuff into the NCAA after his senior year. Even then, pretty ridiculous to not get it worked out by now. The NCAA is a joke, as evident by something this small preventing a kid from a great trip, and a wrist slap to a major university in UNC. NCAA doesn't care about academics at all

The NCAA takes forever to check on any establishment when it comes to eligibility. Ridiculous. Think that FSU guy a few years back

agreed. apparently they don't look into it until the athlete sends their stuff into the NCAA after his senior year. Even then, pretty ridiculous to not get it worked out by now. The NCAA is a joke, as evident by something this small preventing a kid from a great trip, and a wrist slap to a major university in UNC. NCAA doesn't care about academics at all

Could it possibly be they have been overworked these last few months?

I've heard it from a few people ITK that this is, as other posters mentioned, an Upper Room-issue rather than a Rodney Purvis issue. Purvis, evidently, should not have any trouble qualifying based on his transcripts.

Could it possibly be they have been overworked these last few months?

Yeah this is a really good point. I'm excited to hear your similar thoughts on the IRS and government bureaucracy which are surely consistent with this post.

He will qualify. As another poster said, it is very unfortunate that he is going to miss such a fun trip.

You can unwad your panties now.

I think you may be on the wrong board, denver, especially if you're going to try to tell Wake fans what to do or not do with their panties. :noidea:

Yeah this is a really good point. I'm excited to hear your similar thoughts on the IRS and government bureaucracy which are surely consistent with this post.

Maybe the high school just got them requested information. Maybe the investigators went to CFA and didn't have time to get to it.

Didn't we have something similar with Peral back in the 90's? We also had Joakim Blom ready to go from Europe and he had taken his high school science over there in what was 8th grade but the NCAA said it had to be from 9-12 or it didn't count. He nded up not able to come and also ended up being quite a good ball player IIRC.

I think you may be on the wrong board, denver, especially if you're going to try to tell Wake fans what to do or not do with their panties. :noidea:

Nope. Pretty good with what I said. This board does a good job with the general give and take between fans. I think I keep a very healthy respect for whose board I am on the vast majority of the time. Had this been IC, I would have been banned (actaully have been) for much much less.

And it was just one Wake fan.

Last edited:
I just have a visual of this place that looks similar to a room full of Nigerians running a mail order scam. Why can't these kids just go to a normal high school and play AAU ball on the side?

I just have a visual of this place that looks similar to a room full of Nigerians running a mail order scam. Why can't these kids just go to a normal high school and play AAU ball on the side?

Because that wouldn't be in their best interest.

FWIW, I think Hargrave is just slightly better than some of these "schools."

Remember also that the little PG that transferred out this year was an Academic All American and he went to Quality Ed, which hardly qualified as a quality education.

Remember too that he spent one year at QEA. He was educated in Michigan primarily.

Because that wouldn't be in their best interest.

FWIW, I think Hargrave is just slightly better than some of these "schools."

Remember also that the little PG that transferred out this year was an Academic All American and he went to Quality Ed, which hardly qualified as a quality education.

Why is that not in their best interests? Not that I am disputing it, I just don't have a firm grasp on what all goes on at these places.

Back