• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

There is no straight news anymore. It is either slanted toward the left, or it is viewed as right wing propaganda, if it at all comes across as favoring the right. I will always vote for the economy, and that never is a vote for the dems. I learned that tidbit from watching the federal reserve chairman under every adminstration.
Black Monday 1987 - Ronald Regan
1991 recession - George HW Bush
2008 housing collapse - George W Bush
2020 Covid collapse - Donald Fucking Trump

Republicans are economic jeniusus!

LOL. What's your definition of "the economy?" Tax cuts?

By the way, a Dem-nominated fed chair has only served 4 out of the last almost 36 years.
Anytime you see "the economy" used in this context, replace it with "rich people's yacht money."

Do they even have less yacht money when Dems are in control? Regardless, the difference in yacht money is minor. They're fine regardless.

20140809_USC457.png

LOL. What's your definition of "the economy?" Tax cuts?

By the way, a Dem-nominated fed chair has only served 4 out of the last almost 36 years.
It’s always tax cuts and it’s always because they don’t like “the government stealing” my hard earned money

T I will always vote for the economy, and that never is a vote for the dems. I learned that tidbit from watching the federal reserve chairman under every adminstration.

Holy shit that article should end all discussion. Every conceivable economic metric points to Democrats.
Yes, it should, and yet morons like this wfunme and Pops still can't get it through their thick skulls. Like most Republicans, they actually vote for the hate and culture war, they just can't admit it to themselves.

Holy shit that article should end all discussion. Every conceivable economic metric points to Democrats.
It's the reagan effect. When he took office the country was experiencing huge inflation. Most people "felt" like the 80's were a period of economic boom. It just "felt" that way. Since then Republicans have tied their boat to the economy. Without looking at the sort of facts listed above.
The irony is that just about every republican touts Reagan as their hero....without realizing that Reagan's policies would be considered moderate to liberal today. Reaganism has shaped the political right, when Reagan himself probably wouldn't support it.

Reagan would be as right-wing as the party would allow.

It's the reagan effect. When he took office the country was experiencing huge inflation. Most people "felt" like the 80's were a period of economic boom. It just "felt" that way. Since then Republicans have tied their boat to the economy. Without looking at the sort of facts listed above.
The irony is that just about every republican touts Reagan as their hero....without realizing that Reagan's policies would be considered moderate to liberal today. Reaganism has shaped the political right, when Reagan himself probably wouldn't support it.

Yeah. An easy example. Why are steps the default instead of ramps?
Space to build them. Every 1 inch of height requires 1 foot of ramp length. So a typical seven inch step requires a 7 foot long ramp. In addition, ADA requires space at the ends. So the ramp etc would need to be a total of 15 feet long.

Back