• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Ah yes... Sig resorts to the tried and true (yet failing) Left Wing playbook of labeling anyone who doesn't agree as racist, homophobic, zenophobic, and anti-child. At least I haven't been tagged (yet?) again as a racist fuckstick.

And if Sig were so concerned about children why does he support a party who openly advocates for abortion rights?

I’ve missed your posts that show you’re not “racist, homophobic, xenophobic, and anti-child.” I can only go by what I see here. And I only see you mocking people for being critical of racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and child torture.

Poll: Nearly half of Republicans think Trump should have authority to shutter media outlets

Forty-three percent of Republicans think President Trump “should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior,” while only 36 percent disagreed with the statement, according to an Ipsos poll released Tuesday.

A large number of Republicans polled also seem to take issue with the media in general, with 48 percent agreeing that the news media is “the enemy of the American people.” Seventy-nine percent said mainstream media outlets treat Trump “unfairly.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ublicans-think-trump-should-have-authority-to

7kxd.gif

Poll: Nearly half of Republicans think Trump should have authority to shutter media outlets

Forty-three percent of Republicans think President Trump “should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior,” while only 36 percent disagreed with the statement, according to an Ipsos poll released Tuesday.

A large number of Republicans polled also seem to take issue with the media in general, with 48 percent agreeing that the news media is “the enemy of the American people.” Seventy-nine percent said mainstream media outlets treat Trump “unfairly.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ublicans-think-trump-should-have-authority-to

They have lost their minds.

It's becoming a legitimate question as to whether the GOP is still a political party in any traditional sense, or whether it's become little more than a cult of personality dominated by one man - Donald Trump. Reading interviews with his supporters, they often sound more like blindly loyal followers of a religious cult figure than adults supporting a politician because they approve of his policies or values or agenda. Looking at polls, they increasingly regard any criticism or negative stories about him as a sacrilege that should be stopped, rather than seeing it as part of the normal give-and-take of political discourse in a democracy. When you've reached the point that you're wearing shirts that say you'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat, you're not really in a normal political party anymore, you've moved into cult territory.

They’ve been a cult in search of a dynamic leader for awhile.

They’ve been a cult in search of a dynamic leader for awhile.

I guess we should feel lucky that they found Donald J. Trump, instead of somebody who might actually be smart and disciplined enough to use their cult to serious advantage.

They wouldn't have followed someone smart and disciplined.

Mike Cernovich steps into the U.S. Senate race in Arizona.

Once, a candidate would run from appearing with a surrogate like Cernovich. But Ward is blunt about why she invited such a man to join her struggling primary campaign against former Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio and Rep. Martha McSally. (The Senate seat is currently held by the retiring Republican Jeff Flake.)

“To get you guys to come on out,” she tells reporters. “So thanks for coming. I’m glad that the hooks are working.”

The hook, apparently the idea of a staffer, did work, for better or worse: Reporters for The Washington Post, CNN, Politico and the Atlantic are all at the gun range, waiting to board the campaign bus and spend a long ride to the next event crammed in with Ward, Cernovich and a long list of uncomfortable questions for the candidate.

Moonz?

Revealed: Notorious Pro-Trump Misinformation Site True Pundit Is Run By An Ex-Journalist With A Grudge Against The FBI

Moore also has a connection to the FBI that could explain True Pundit's fixation with the agency: He was arrested by federal agents in November 2011 for running two websites that sold pirated hockey DVDs and downloads. Months earlier, FBI agents executed a search warrant on his home and carted off the equipment he used to pirate hockey games and other content.

Moore pleaded guilty to one count of copyright infringement in June 2013. He was sentenced to time served of one day in prison, a year of house arrest, and three years of supervised release. During his release he had to provide monthly income statements and facilitate the “investigation of his financial dealings,” according to a sentencing document filed on June 17, 2013.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-notorious-pro-trump-misinformation-site-true

Last edited:
Back