• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

The media’s role is to keep the people on script.

Repetition of dead horse whippings..gin up the sum of all fears and never let on that you are really there to turn a profit

More authoritarian bullshit.

Fail.

abztractphoto@chuckmirarchi just because you personally have never done it, doesn’t mean anything to be honest.
They didn’t take away his camera, they didn’t actually pass any laws to stop anything and this is infringing on freedom of the press.
I think it’s amazing that after I pointed that out you still want to argue with me. So here are some facts for you:
1. The current administration while having a spat with the news is actually expanding coverage even while the president calls them fake; like adding 4 skype box seats to the White House press room.
2. The current administration hasn’t prosecuted any journalist unlike the previous administration which prosecuted 9 cases (more than all other presidency combined).
3. The current administration has actually been working to be more interactive with the press than the previous, arguments with media are still exposure.
Now you can easily take 2 seconds and google anything I just said and find out that because people are anti trump, they will overlook the actual facts.
I myself don’t really care who is sitting in the chair, I look at the actual laws and if they are broken or not.
I will say that the current administration is using the press to their advantage using an old quote. “Bad press is good press”, while it might seem that he is arguing with the press, they are covering him more than any other president. It works to his advantage and he learned to play the game.
If by this picture, if any kind of law was broken, trust me it would be on every platform for news and social media. The fact is that putting your hand in from of a camera is not going against freedom of the press in any way!

Fail.

abztractphoto@chuckmirarchi just because you personally have never done it, doesn’t mean anything to be honest.
They didn’t take away his camera, they didn’t actually pass any laws to stop anything and this is infringing on freedom of the press.
I think it’s amazing that after I pointed that out you still want to argue with me. So here are some facts for you:
1. The current administration while having a spat with the news is actually expanding coverage even while the president calls them fake; like adding 4 skype box seats to the White House press room.
2. The current administration hasn’t prosecuted any journalist unlike the previous administration which prosecuted 9 cases (more than all other presidency combined).
3. The current administration has actually been working to be more interactive with the press than the previous, arguments with media are still exposure.
Now you can easily take 2 seconds and google anything I just said and find out that because people are anti trump, they will overlook the actual facts.
I myself don’t really care who is sitting in the chair, I look at the actual laws and if they are broken or not.
I will say that the current administration is using the press to their advantage using an old quote. “Bad press is good press”, while it might seem that he is arguing with the press, they are covering him more than any other president. It works to his advantage and he learned to play the game.
If by this picture, if any kind of law was broken, trust me it would be on every platform for news and social media. The fact is that putting your hand in from of a camera is not going against freedom of the press in any way!
ea2c845323da91637ba20396bf6a3279.jpg

One of many reasons why the claims of liberal media are ridiculous. Mainstream media bend over backwards to appear nonpartisan and let a lot of BS slide in the process.

Back