• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney campaign admits it - They're in big trouble

Romney told a member of the press, he was going to "fact check" Obama during the debate on the GM bailout and two other issues.

What an idiot!!!!

He's telegraphing his strategy.

I thought he didn't like fact checkers. Yet another double standard. They are great to use against Obama, but they are part of the liberal lamestream media when used against himself.

Unreal.

Yesterday his campaign was saying that the debates where how they were really going to turn this campaign around. Today, they're telling everyone they expect to lose the debates.:rulz:

Wait. They are flip-flopping... no, can't be...

"One close confidant said Romney sees the process like buying a company from a reluctant seller: Just do and say what you need to do to get the deal done, and then when it’s done, do what you know actually needs to be done to make the company a success. It is hard to overestimate how much confidence Romney and many around him have that he can lead once he has the power to lead."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81772_Page4.html

We have no idea what or if Romney was really the idea guy/leader at Bain. He could have been a figurehead like many companies have. However, we have seen be the unquestioned CEO of two presidential campaigns. Each has failed miserably.

Peggy Noonan, David Gergen and others have said one of the biggest failings Romney has shown is his unwillingness to shake-up the campaign when it goes wrong. Another is that he won't bring in "an old hand", an expert at fixing campaigns to run his efforts more efficiently and allow Romney to be the candidate. This shows arrogance and true lack of leadership skills.

As CEO of Romney 2008 and 2012, the person running to be America's CEO has gotten two Fs.

He's not leading the independent vote. Romney is sinking like a rock in 95% of the polls -- including GOP internals -- if you've been paying attention.

New polls from ABC/WaPo and Politico both show Obama's lead nationally has been cut to two points, 49-47. Also, in both polls, Romney leads Obama among Independents by four points. Also from the new CNN poll...."The poll indicates Democrats overwhelming supporting the president and Republicans overwhelmingly backing Romney, with independent voters going for Romney by a 49%-41% margin, which is within the sampling error for independents." In case you haven't been paying attention.

One thing is that we should get a pretty clear answer to whether the 'liberal media' is skewing the polls in this year's election. If Romney makes it a close race it will be moderate evidence that the Republican talking point has some merit. If Romney happens to win then there will be pretty clear evidence. If Obama wins in a blowout, which is what the polls are showing, then Republicans need to shut their mouth next time the poll results don't show in their favor. Will be an interesting situation to monitor in an election that I believe will be somewhat boring.

One thing is that we should get a pretty clear answer to whether the 'liberal media' is skewing the polls in this year's election. If Romney makes it a close race it will be moderate evidence that the Republican talking point has some merit. If Romney happens to win then there will be pretty clear evidence. If Obama wins in a blowout, which is what the polls are showing, then Republicans need to shut their mouth next time the poll results don't show in their favor. Will be an interesting situation to monitor in an election that I believe will be somewhat boring.

OReilly said he's going to hang Dick Morris up like a pinata and allow people to beat him w/ sticks. I might be in for that...

What is your definition of "winning in a blowout"?

350+ EV
10m+ Popular Vote Advantage

Something similar to last election which I believe was like a 70m to 60m split in the popular and Obama had 350+ in the EV. I am not sure if Obama can get to 350 again, but I will be surprised if he is not around 315 or so which is a solid victory.

Obama's not going to get 350, but 320 is still a blowout. 10M is a bigger win than last time. That's not very likely.

I'd say about 320/6M is pretty big.

Does the fact that Romney has rented a villa in Caymans for Nov.7 to visit his money give any indication of his confidence level?

This is too funny. Thus it has to be true.

Romney was Gov. of MA. He has repeatedly said he is big Red Sox fan. So it makes it perfect sense that his "blind trust" (a ruse according Romney's own words) bought shares in the Yankees (Yankees entertainment Network).

That's just too funny.

New polls from ABC/WaPo and Politico both show Obama's lead nationally has been cut to two points, 49-47. Also, in both polls, Romney leads Obama among Independents by four points. Also from the new CNN poll...."The poll indicates Democrats overwhelming supporting the president and Republicans overwhelmingly backing Romney, with independent voters going for Romney by a 49%-41% margin, which is within the sampling error for independents." In case you haven't been paying attention.

Here's another poll...President Obama and Mitt Romney are deadlocked among likely voters as they prepare to square off in their first presidential debate, according to the latest United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll. Romney led in the poll among independents, 49 percent to 41 percent, with both candidates winning more than 90 percent support from their respective parties.

Back