• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

So does Romney have a shot at redeeming himself at the debates, or does this pretty much seal his fate?

So does Romney have a shot at redeeming himself at the debates, or does this pretty much seal his fate?

Romney is not a good extemporaneous speaker. Even when prepped, he stumbles and hems and haws and says "uh" a lot. Look at the video of his presser trying to defend this latest debacle. I never thought he could do better than fight Obama to a draw in the debates. Now, he has handed Obama a truckload of ammunition to fire at him in the debates, and you can bet the moderators are going to use some of these issues as question starters in the debates. Also, a lot of his talking points are essentially lies (Obama hasn't done anything to fight China, 47% of Americans are moochers who don't pay taxes) and if Obama has the courage and speaking skill to call him on the lies, he'll get destroyed. I can't see the debates going particularly well for Romney.

The Belmont Hill School ($5,000)
Best Friends Foundation ($15,000)
Boys and Girls Club Of Boston ($10,000)
Brigham Young University ($25,000)
Center For Treatment of Pediatric MS ($75,000)
City Year ($5,000)
Dana Farber Cancer Institute ($10,000)
Dana Farber Pan Mass Challenge ($20,000)
Deseret International ($25,000)
Friends Of The Belmont Council ($20,000)
George W. Bush Library ($100,000)
Harvard Business School ($10,000)
Camp High Hopes ($5,000)
Homes For Our Troops ($20,000)
Inner-City Scholarship Fund ($10,000)
Joey Fund For Cystic Fybrosis ($20,000)
MMOFRA Trom Foundation ($30,000)
MS Cure ($10,000)
Operation Kids ($65,000)
Right To Play ($10,000)
US Equestrian Team Foundation ($10,000)
Wright Museum ($25,000)

Love the fact that his largest donation was to the George W Bush Library. Speaking of Bush, wonder why he didn't make an appearance at the RNC?

I kept expecting all day to see righties come to his defense with the same "lazy people living off the gubmint" rhetoric you always see from the reddest of individuals.

Crickets.

He seriously may be done with 7 weeks to go. Polls over the next few days will be interesting.

You know, I never liked Romney. Now I have moved into loathing him. I am voting for the President, so I'm in the 47% of which Romney speaks. However, I am self-employed, I employ others, I pay taxes, and I work hard everyday. So, Romney can go fuck himself.

I wonder if Christie and Rubio decided to go ahead and start printing campaign materials for 2016?

"He said WHAT? Shit...ok, send the order to the printers. Maybe we can get a discount."

This was on Obama's Facebook page today:

u4ejajub.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, wait, it's stupid.

who comes up with this shit?

I wonder if Christie and Rubio decided to go ahead and start printing campaign materials for 2016?

"He said WHAT? Shit...ok, send the order to the printers. Maybe we can get a discount."

They have to be laughing at Paul Ryan now.

I don't really believe that Romney doesn't care about 47% of the country.

What his speech proves is what many have suspected - he is pure salesman. If the crowd is wealthy white people then he'll crow about the half of the country that owes everything to them, that he's one of them and understands. If the crowd is middle class workers he'll promise jobs and tax cuts and talk about his hard work and bootstraps and all that crap. If the crowd is Latino he'll talk about the "heritage" he mocked the day before. If the crowd is poor he'll talk about being poor in college and living on rice and water. If the crowd wants to hear China is evil he'll bash China after doing business there. If his Republican makers order him to be pro life he's pro life. If his campaign head tells him to politicize the tragic death of a diplomat on day 1 he'll do that.

This is the state of the Republican party. They either take a McCain and make him sell out every moderate view he has to the point of taking Palin as a running mate and getting crushed, or they promote a Romney who will gladly shift to any position the room requires if it gets him a shot at the Presidency.

As it stands they couldn't nominate Ronald Reagan. At this rate there's a good chance Obama's second term will be a successful one, putting the Republicans 2 elections away from relevancy. Hillary could coast unless they allow for someone more moderate.

I don't really believe that Romney doesn't care about 47% of the country.

What his speech proves is what many have suspected - he is pure salesman. If the crowd is wealthy white people then he'll crow about the half of the country that owes everything to them, that he's one of them and understands. If the crowd is middle class workers he'll promise jobs and tax cuts and talk about his hard work and bootstraps and all that crap. If the crowd is Latino he'll talk about the "heritage" he mocked the day before. If the crowd is poor he'll talk about being poor in college and living on rice and water. If the crowd wants to hear China is evil he'll bash China after doing business there. If his Republican makers order him to be pro life he's pro life. If his campaign head tells him to politicize the tragic death of a diplomat on day 1 he'll do that.

This is the state of the Republican party. They either take a McCain and make him sell out every moderate view he has to the point of taking Palin as a running mate and getting crushed, or they promote a Romney who will gladly shift to any position the room requires if it gets him a shot at the Presidency.

As it stands they couldn't nominate Ronald Reagan. At this rate there's a good chance Obama's second term will be a successful one, putting the Republicans 2 elections away from relevancy. Hillary could coast unless they allow for someone more moderate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWZkg-snbFE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, wait, it's stupid.

who comes up with this shit?

If we're going by land area I'm gonna cut out Alaska (since we won't use their oil), Texas (belongs to Mexico anyway) and California (because nobody likes those fuckers). That's got to be 35% of the country land mass right there.

After that I'm getting rid of most of flyover country. Fuck those guys.

Oct 22. Romney returns to the scene of the crime, Boca Raton, for the 3rd and final Presidential Debate.

Yeah, that's an excellent example of having one message no matter who your audience is. Thanks.

Every politician sells themselves to the public. Not every politician makes the sale the only thing that matters.

Sorry about that. It's just that I was taken in by that particular speech and thought 'hey, this guy gets it.. he'll lead from the center or center-left at worst'... then my illusions evaporated when he told my side to sit down and shut the fuck up 'cause he had won the election. So that speech comes to mind every time someone references the insincerity of political rhetoric.

Sorry about that. It's just that I was taken in by that particular speech and thought 'hey, this guy gets it.. he'll lead from the center or center-left at worst'... then my illusions evaporated when he told my side to sit down and shut the fuck up 'cause he had won the election. So that speech comes to mind every time someone references the insincerity of political rhetoric.

Little revisionist history there.

Except that never happened.

Back