• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney on Obama Voters: stupid poors should buy more money

None of Obama's college transcripts are sealed. Sealed is when something that is usually public is made private. The same can be said for Romney's tax records, although SOP says that presidential candidates release their tax records, not their college transcripts. So really equating the two is not apt... the onus is on Romney to do what is standard, not on Obama to do something that isn't normally done.

Yep.

cville deac is probably one of the posters who would be most sympathetic with your views yet you feel the need to be condescending towards him.

look in the mirror sometime.

I don't see it that way at all. Truth be told, I've been at least as condescending to bkf as he's been to me. We may be voting for the same candidate for prez this year, and prolly most years, but we don't exactly agree on all issues, dialogue and level of objectivity. As for John Edwards, he was quite Romneyesque in his makeover from senator to presidential candidate.

Address the last part of my statement RJ. I can guarantee you this tempest in a teapot will be over in the next news cycle, but the 23,000,000 Americans Obama has left out in the cold will still be looking for work.

The number is inflated....When Obama took office the economy was shedding 700,000/month and that number was growing. We have created 4.6M over the past thirty months.

There would be over 1M people in solid jobs RIGHT now if the House GOP didn't hate Obama more than they love America. If they cared about America, they would have passed the bi-partisan Senate roads bill. %0% of Senate Republicans voted for the bill.

There is no defense of their putting hating Obama over 1M US families. If the GOP cared as much about America as they hate Obama we'd closing in on 6.5% unemployment which would have been a miracle given the depths of failure of W.

You defend the totally indefensible.

By the way I noticed your silence when shown how out of touch with facts the first part of your post was.

Sometimes I feel bad for Jon Stewart. Sometimes big stories break at just the wrong time so that they get to them about 24 hours after the 24-hour news cycle. There wasn't a whole lot of new stuff, but they did show an old clip of Romney's mom talking about how George Romney was on welfare for a few years.

ncsports, how's the map at home looking? Have to call a state for Obama after your boy said that I lack personal responsibility?

This ncsportsnut guy is an intellectual lightweight. It took me 6 posts from him tonight to reach that conclusion.

Good luck with that, friend.

ncsports, how's the map at home looking? Have to call a state for Obama after your boy said that I lack personal responsibility?

BSD, why do you lack personal responsibility? Are you a senior, student, disabled vet, in the active military in Afghanistan or run your own business at a paper loss? I get that your wife lacks personal responsibility for the 3 months in the Summer when she's not teaching, though I probably have to concede she's not freeloading those other 9 months because she's so overpaid as a teacher.

did he mean 47% of the country or 47% of people who will vote for Obama

^^^^ Please stop trying to read the comments for what they actually said (in the context of a political race, regarding 47% of the votes that weren't in play). This thread is about very, very serious faux outrage over comments transplanted from the context of a political race into an entirely different context. The careful reader will note the most heated of which come from the "contextualizers" of the "You didn't build that." crowd. Hell, if you can water down "back in chains", you can achieve any Election Year Miracle you set your heart (if not your mind) to.

If he was running against Richard Burr, I would.

(And I would be slow to talk about someone else "losing both oars" while at the same time saying that Romney was going to win this election by 53% to 47%.)

Yeah, I'm still laughing and trying to digest that 53-47 Romney wins comment. This is gonna be a blowout of monumental proportions with Obama somewhere in the neighborhood of 320-330 EVs. It'll be something along the lines of the beatdown administered by F$U last week.

You really think he wasn't talking about the election (rather than their lot in life)?

He spoke unambigiously about his concern for the economy of our entire country in his acceptance speech ("He wants to stop the rise of the seas, I want to help your family.") I understand you don't want to hear that and would rather fixate on this byte, but (pretend its just us girls here, okay?) do you really think he was writing off 47% of the country, or the votes of 47% of the country? I am asking for your honest answer. I'm willing to listen.

You really think he wasn't talking about the election (rather than their lot in life)?

He spoke unambigiously about his concern for the economy of our entire country in his acceptance speech ("He wants to stop the rise of the seas, I want to help your family.") I understand you don't want to hear that and would rather fixate on this byte, but (pretend its just us girls here, okay?) do you really think he was writing off 47% of the country, or the votes of 47% of the country? I am asking for your honest answer. I'm willing to listen.

Wow, you're saying that his true feelings came out in a public speech shown live on TV to millions of people, and NOT in a private speech that he thought would never see the light of day? Makes total sense!

Wow, you're saying that his true feelings came out in a public speech shown live on TV to millions of people, and NOT in a private speech that he thought would never see the light of day? Makes total sense!

No, I'm thinking a politician trying to raise money to get more votes is talking about votes.

But feel free to answer my question, rather than sarcastically deflect. What do you think he was talking about (really)?

i think it is irrelevant whether he was talking about 47% of the country or 47% of his opponents votes. the manner in which he believes that 47% lives their life is deplorable and not backed in any sort of fact.

No, I'm thinking a politician trying to raise money to get more votes is talking about votes.

But feel free to answer my question, rather than sarcastically deflect. What do you think he was talking about (really)?

Seems reasonable to me - meet some potentials, throw 'em some meat, ask for their support.

i think it is irrelevant whether he was talking about 47% of the country or 47% of his opponents votes. the manner in which he believes that 47% lives their life is deplorable and not backed in any sort of fact.

Live off Roth IRA and pay 0 income tax = moocher

Back