• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron & Jeff in D.C. last night

Hondo

Reaction score
Along with 50-60 others, attended last night's meet and greet.

I'll make this brief....

Jeff ( I've tired of the Buzz crap ) spoke. Nothing really knew except that he's VERY high on the incoming PG and all but guaranteed that the incoming 7-footer will red-shirt. " still gowing vertically and needs to start growing laterally " was his comment. He was asked and answered the usual questions on the transfers. I got the impression that this particular small crowd ( several big-bucks types in attendance ) didn't expect much last season but were concerned about 2 of the 3 transfers post season.

Wellman also spoke. Wasn't taking notes so I may have some of this stuff out of 'to do' order....

1) Permanent ( 6,000-seat ? ) tennis stadium to be built this summer. Wake to host NCAA Tennis Championships soon as well the pro circuit annually.

2) Baseball stadium to get black & gold seats next Winter and something he termed 'student party decks' (?).

3) Expanded ( 3-4 story ) Reynolds addition over Leighton which will be leveled. I believe he said there'd be a new/larger pool in there with the existing outdated pool being eliminated. Building being referred to as the 'Student Rec Center'.

4) New locker rooms in Bridger coming ( I missed the timetable for this ).

Unless I missed it, no mention/update on the purchase of Joel.

BTW, someone there mentioned in passing that Ron & Jeff flew up from W-S and returned last night via either a NetJets deal or on some well-healed Deac's private jet. Anyone with any intel on this ?

Bzz should only be allowed to travel via greyhound until we get into the post season.

BTW, someone there mentioned in passing that Ron & Jeff flew up from W-S and returned last night via either a NetJets deal or on some well-healed Deac's private jet. Anyone with any intel on this ?

That's not all that uncommon and even counts as a gift in kind to the University (cost of fuel, wear, etc) so I wouldn't be surprised in the least by that.

Lots of building/expansion mentioned. All sounds like good stuff, but how much will it cost and where's the money coming from?

I think this tennis will really pay off for the programs, because right now both are in bad shape. Women's tennis particularly.

I'm curious to hear how they utilize the Reynolds addition over Leighton.

There will be a refurbished Reynolds Gym and the connecting addition on the site of Leighton. These plans replace the proposed construction on Poteat Field from a couple of years ago. A new pool will be built in the new construction and the old pool area will be converted into the weightlifting area. This project will provide more rec space for the students.

There will be a refurbished Reynolds Gym and the connecting addition on the site of Leighton. These plans replace the proposed construction on Poteat Field from a couple of years ago. A new pool will be built in the new construction and the old pool area will be converted into the weightlifting area. This project will provide more rec space for the students.

Hopefully they redo the 201, 401, and 403. They could all use some work.

Baby -

A new pool will be built in the new construction and the old pool area will be converted into the weightlifting area.

Knew I forgot some things. Yes, football to get a bigger/better weight room via the old pool area. Don't know what will happen in the existing weight room area within Manchester. Have I got that right ?

Baby -

Knew I forgot some things. Yes, football to get a bigger/better weight room via the old pool area. Don't know what will happen in the existing weight room area within Manchester. Have I got that right ?

Yes you do. (Football and other varsity athletes, of course.)

I have no clue if this has any validity, but if they are putting the football weight room in Reynolds and are moving the student fitness center to Reynolds, perhaps they will move the offices and such in Manchester to Miller and tear down Manchester.

The master plan calls for Manchester to be torn down.

Also, I don't believe the Reynolds project is an AD project (obviously relevant to the AD though with building over Leighton and moving the football locker rooms).

Along with 50-60 others, attended last night's meet and greet.

I'll make this brief....

Jeff ( I've tired of the Buzz crap ) spoke. Nothing really knew except that he's VERY high on the incoming PG and all but guaranteed that the incoming 7-footer will red-shirt. " still gowing vertically and needs to start growing laterally " was his comment. He was asked and answered the usual questions on the transfers. I got the impression that this particular small crowd ( several big-bucks types in attendance ) didn't expect much last season but were concerned about 2 of the 3 transfers post season.

Wellman also spoke. Wasn't taking notes so I may have some of this stuff out of 'to do' order....

1) Permanent ( 6,000-seat ? ) tennis stadium to be built this summer. Wake to host NCAA Tennis Championships soon as well the pro circuit annually.

2) Baseball stadium to get black & gold seats next Winter and something he termed 'student party decks' (?).

3) Expanded ( 3-4 story ) Reynolds addition over Leighton which will be leveled. I believe he said there'd be a new/larger pool in there with the existing outdated pool being eliminated. Building being referred to as the 'Student Rec Center'.

4) New locker rooms in Bridger coming ( I missed the timetable for this ).

Unless I missed it, no mention/update on the purchase of Joel.

I'm sure they aren't the only ones, but I know in the past, Budd Services has donated use of a private jet.

Also, I don't believe the Reynolds project is an AD project (obviously relevant to the AD though with building over Leighton and moving the football locker rooms).

I believe it's collaborative to help increase fundraising capacity.

Shocked if no one asked Wellman about the status of the Joel purchase.

Back