• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman Stands by His Man!!!

Well, it's pretty obvious they were not affected by all of the banner plans and board discussions as BKF continually preaches.
Yeah, right.

I have it on good authority that the banner threat, fundraising acumen of this movement, and this forum (especially the founding fathers) have the entire athletic dept scared shitless.

These comments by Grobe are direct evidence of this fact.

Unfortunately I can't reveal my source as it might be compromised.

Ok somebody not on their iPhone Photoshop Wellman's face onto Tammy Wynette singing stand by your man?

Wellman and Grobe clearly formed the own chapter of the mutual admiration society. What choice do they have - they are both fucked without the other.

If you were terrible at your job and didn't get fired, you'd praise your boss too.

Saying that Grobe is terrible at his job is a bit extreme.

Maybe should have thanked the fans first. Or the players. It's a miracle we haven't had more transfers like bball because these players show that the potential is there if not for absolutely miserable coaching and playcalling.

These motherfuckers work for us. Ron works for us. Jim works for us. Bzz works for us. If one of my employees gave me as much lip as Wellman does, his ass would be canned yesterday. This isn't some public school uninformed, uneducated fanbase. Working at Wake, your alumni/fans are generally SMARTER THAN YOU. Get used to it, boys

Nice to see the Stratts provided the coaches with some extra motivation yesterday.

Saying that Grobe is terrible at his job is a bit extreme.

No it isn't. He pissed away half the season with his idiotic option nonsense.

He cost his seniors a bowl game.

Maybe should have thanked the fans first. Or the players. It's a miracle we haven't had more transfers like bball because these players show that the potential is there if not for absolutely miserable coaching and playcalling.

These motherfuckers work for us. Ron works for us. Jim works for us. Bzz works for us. If one of my employees gave me as much lip as Wellman does, his ass would be canned yesterday. This isn't some public school uninformed, uneducated fanbase. Working at Wake, your alumni/fans are generally SMARTER THAN YOU. Get used to it, boys

Smarter than a baseball player with a Phys. Ed. degree from Bowling Green? Well, go ...... lly!

This is just LOWF though. The coach and the AD want to celebrate an early October win over a mediocre at best opponent like they beat a top 10 team and conquered such amazing feats. Was it a nice win? Yes. But lets not act like it was over some great opponent.

I think they are just trying to generate some confidence and excitement in the team. Got to build on it with a win over Maryland in two weeks.

If you were terrible at your job and didn't get fired, you'd praise your boss too.

Father: Hey Jimmy, who is your favorite teacher at school this year?

Jimmy: Mr. Wellman.

Father: Mr Wellman? Why Mr. Wellman?

Jimmy: Because he never makes me do any work but he gives me an A anyway!

If the team wants to take an us against the world attitude, that's great. Just win 3 more games and salvage this season.

I think they are just trying to generate some confidence and excitement in the team. Got to build on it with a win over Maryland in two weeks.

So then wouldn't the first people you give a shoutout to be the players, and not your athletic director? Doesn't exactly counter the notion that they're in it for the paycheck.

So then wouldn't the first people you give a shoutout to be the players, and not your athletic director? Doesn't exactly counter the notion that they're in it for the paycheck.

+1000 bunker loser mentality, news flash state sucks too, should have been coaching 6 weeks ago.

Back