• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron Wellman Stands by His Man!!!

I have it on good authority that the banner threat, fundraising acumen of this movement, and this forum (especially the founding fathers) have the entire athletic dept scared shitless.

it's up to the strattons to arrange the face-to-face meeting. a civil discussion.

This is just LOWF though. The coach and the AD want to celebrate an early October win over a mediocre at best opponent like they beat a top 10 team and conquered such amazing feats. Was it a nice win? Yes. But lets not act like it was over some great opponent.

seriously, they were frankly more inept than we were. dumb penalty after dumb penalty. roughing the kicker than directly led to 4 extra points for us. obviously without that one play this game is much closer and we are acting liked we killed them

seriously, they were frankly more inept than we were. dumb penalty after dumb penalty. roughing the kicker than directly led to 4 extra points for us. obviously without that one play this game is much closer and we are acting liked we killed them

Who's acting like we killed someone? We were 10 point dogs and won by two scores. Not a killing but we should be happy.

If the team wants to take an us against the world attitude, that's great. Just win 3 more games and salvage this season.

I think that's right. But Lobo should be fired as OC for screwing us AND THE PLAYERS out of a 5-1 start with some of the most inept coordinating in FBS. Everyone on the team, offense and defense, is playing better because we started running 6 games into the season the offense that we should have been running from day one.

Pretty much every WF fan saw this from the first snap, and let us not forget hearing the commentators during the BC game literally make fun of our offensive coaching staff for 3 hours straight. With our talent and the schedule so far we should be 5-1 and staring at bowl eligibility. The fact we have to get the players against the world to salvage this season is sad. Lobo should be fired and if he is not, then Grobe should be. Bottom line.

i agree that Lobo should be replaced as the OC. Still not sure that BC game was a sure win, but we should be 4-2 right now without a doubt.

IMO, the thing that should give the AD pause is that there are a significant amount of Wake fans who are more willing to give their "Arnies Army" $100 to Billboards, newpaper ads and flying banners than they are to give it to the AD.

i agree that Lobo should be replaced as the OC. Still not sure that BC game was a sure win, but we should be 4-2 right now without a doubt.

We had 3 turnovers (didn't we fumble deep in our territory several times?) and got stuffed with awful play calling on the 1. I just don't think we could have played worse. Our players were absolutely deflated and confused. I really think we would have won that game if played like yesterday's. But I think we agree regardless.

My beef isn't wins/losses, it is playing our best football. We were definitely more like our best selves yesterday, but I think Grobe is content to attribute it to some gimmick practice and players "waking up." Either he thinks we're stupid or he is just really confused. I don't know which is worse.

Maybe should have thanked the fans first. Or the players. It's a miracle we haven't had more transfers like bball because these players show that the potential is there if not for absolutely miserable coaching and playcalling.

These motherfuckers work for us. Ron works for us. Jim works for us. Bzz works for us. If one of my employees gave me as much lip as Wellman does, his ass would be canned yesterday. This isn't some public school uninformed, uneducated fanbase. Working at Wake, your alumni/fans are generally SMARTER THAN YOU. Get used to it, boys

Your analogy is totally wrong. Employees of a public school - headed by the chancellor , funded with tax payers money , are by definition working for the public - regardless of contributions by fans. Wake, not being public, really has no legal responsibility to answer to contributors - even though it might be to their benefit if they did. They do what they will. We can certainly bitch and probably affect their decisions, but not because we employ them.

I don't know it was a sure win, but it definitely a game we could've won with any kind of offense at all. I do think BC's running game would give most teams problems, they moved the ball against FSU and they really shut down Maryland's offense that had been on fire. The worst part was the costly turnovers against BC came because we were stubbornly running a play we just don't need to except rarely.

We fumbled twice on the exact same play, once at our 28 yard line, once at our 30 yard line. BC scored 14 points off of that.

If Elrod had called that game, we would have won.

Your analogy is totally wrong. Employees of a public school - headed by the chancellor , funded with tax payers money , are by definition working for the public - regardless of contributions by fans. Wake, not being public, really has no legal responsibility to answer to contributors - even though it might be to their benefit if they did. They do what they will. We can certainly bitch and probably affect their decisions, but not because we employ them.

"no legal responsibility" get that legal bullshit out of here

men of character would feel an ethical responsibility to field a decent product for alum they've suckered into big donations, seat right, tickets, buildings etc. men of character would also step down after they failed to do so. they would not accept a paycheck for regressive work

"no legal responsibility" get that legal bullshit out of here

men of character would feel an ethical responsibility to field a decent product for alum they've suckered into big donations, seat right, tickets, buildings etc. men of character would also step down after they failed to do so. they would not accept a paycheck for regressive work

and men of character would also not use preaching about values in order to cover up their own incompetence and lack of candor

I would also like to hear more about how Grobe doesn't like Wellman. Sure seems like a blow-fest to me.

Back