• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson

What is Rondale-level talent? How much have you seen him play? I have not seen him play in person, and choose to delay judgment. I hope he will help our team. Give him a year to see, before we "run him off".

Well, hell, I hope he helps our team, too. As shite as we've been, not much could hurt us at this point. Rondale-level talent is an unranked recruit. You can choose to delay all the judgment you want, but anyone who isn't being a homer knows that it will take better talent than this to be competitive against UNC, Duke, Louisville, and the likes.

Wake is never going to fill all 13 scholarships with top 125 players. While we obviously can't have his profile throughout our roster, we'll always have a couple like that that hopefully can be developed into a role player.

Second sentence above.

Meh.

You and I don't really disagree. We both understand that you need NBA-level talent to be nationally competitive, and the "diamond-in-the-rough" strategy championed by the Wellman-slurpers ("I'd rather have a hard working kid like Andre Washington than an overrated punk like Tony Woods!!!11!onejuan1!") is completely unsustainable.

Its scary to look at our talent level for next year. Our best player may top out as Zabian Dowdell 2.0 and our 2nd best player is a 6'7 center who can't really play PF. Our third best player is either one of the folks listed above or Dinos...

I admittedly only watched Dinos for the first time today, but I'd be pretty surprised if he is our 3rd best player next year. He looks far more like a project than an instant contributor. But yes, I agree. Our talent level is very, very sub-par.

We will not be competitive in the ACC with Rondale-level talent.

We expect to sign 4 star recruits. It was disappointing that all of them rejected us because of Bzz . But that's not Rondale's fault . He was 3 times all state in WV (first team as a senior) and put up more than 20 ppg each year. Yes, Fischer couldn't defend or get his shot off against ACC competition and is viewed as a bust. Mark Cline never lived up to his high school reputation either. So we are sceptical of recruits from WV. However , we should give this kid a chance to show what he can do. He will have to contribute this year because we are so weak at his position. I hope he proves the naysayers wrong .

I saw him play once in high school and one night in the summer pro-am. He should have been a 2 or 3 star recruit . He has potential due to his athletism and ability to score . I haven't seen much outside shooting yet.

Haven't you heard - he is not another Steph Curry so we just need to encourage him to transfer. ;)

What is Rondale-level talent? How much have you seen him play? I have not seen him play in person, and choose to delay judgment. I hope he will help our team. Give him a year to see, before we "run him off".

The guy highest on RW thinks he is a borderline 3 star player.

stop living in denial...

Manning obviously needs to sign a 4 or 5 star shooter this year .

50c7f0badc733.image.jpg

“Jeff was an instrumental part of the Miami Heat in the early years. He was an incredible resource and played a key role in us re-launching the organization.” – Pat Riley “Jeff [name redacted] is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable, hardest working coaches I have ever worked with. His teams in the NBA and college have achieved beyond their talent levels.” – Stan Van Gundy Throughout his career as an NBA scout and coach, Jeff [name redacted] has drawn praise from countless NBA legends, coaches, and media reports. Sports Illustrated named him the best advanced scout in the NBA in 1997, and then USA Today named him a top five NBA assistant coach in 2000. But I have to say, his sub-par coaching record at both the college and professional level makes me skeptical of his head coaching abilities. [name redacted] coached the Denver Nuggets from 2002 to 2004, and amassed just 73 wins in 192 contests. His teams failed to win twenty games twice in three years. He excelled at the Air Force Academy for in 2006 and 2007, but his overall college record is 160 and 179. Now, the Memphis Grizzlies have chosen to bring Jeff [name redacted] out of the college ranks, as an assistant coach under David Joerger. Certainly, based off his reputation as a scout and assistant, [name redacted] will be an excellent tool for the Grizzlies veteran squad. My fear is that Joerger’s leash is too short, and that [name redacted] may be the head coach of the Grizz before the end of the season. The Memphis Grizzlies have a polished, veteran roster. They are led by big men Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol. Point guard Mike Conley continues to approach the All-Star level, and recent acquisition Vince Carter will add another layer to the team’s already thick skin. I expect Memphis to make the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season in 2015, but if [name redacted] steals the head coaching spot mid-season, I fear they will be deficient of proven leadership. The Grizzlies were led valiantly by Lionel Hollins, but ever since his firing, the Memphis head coaching spot has been at odds. If this trend continues, the Memphis Grizzlies will continue to be a step-short deep in the playoffs.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...urning_to_nba_as_grizzlies_assistant/16897435

:bowrofl:

Reactions: Ayo
Seriously, what the shit?

Back