• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roopstigo: Auburn bribed players, changed grades under Chizik

This is the same chick who trashed Duke Lacrosse, ruined the reputation of the players and got the coach fired. And she was blatantly wrong about everything.

Why is no one focusing on this fact? This is the same person who initially pushed the Duke Lacrosse story. And now she's trying to make one up at Auburn. Shame on you ESPN and major media outlets for giving someone with no proven credibility the time of day and making this into a "story".

ESPN's take on the synthetic marijuana aspect of this story:

Up In Smoke: ESPN The Magazine senior writer Shaun Assael goes behind the scenes of Auburn's 2010 championship season to uncover its hidden problem with synthetic marijuana

ESPN's take on the synthetic marijuana aspect of this story:

Up In Smoke: ESPN The Magazine senior writer Shaun Assael goes behind the scenes of Auburn's 2010 championship season to uncover its hidden problem with synthetic marijuana

I checked this thread to see if the "spice" drug testing, or lack thereof, was addressed. That is quite a story. Gene C comes across as full of crap, IMO, but one thing left out of the story was when other schools starting testing for synthetic marijuana.

This is nothing more than a distraction from Bammer because the updyke trial is about to begin. Its a non-story from a has-been writer who got fired from the NYT and is now desperate for attention. The NCAA spent over a year digging into Auburn and Cam, and found that his father blatantly demanded cash in exchange for his commitment, and that Cam himself told his recruiter at MSU that he had to go to Auburn because "the money was just too good" and then did promptly nothing about it because Auburn was good. And besides that, every player quoted in the article is tweeting that its all made up.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Do you realize how dumb you sound? Auburn was never involved in the supposed offers or transactions. It was Miss St all along offering the money to Cam's father. Then when Cam chose Auburn, Miss St got a chapped ass and reported everything in hopes of sabotaging the recruit they missed out on. If the NCAA found what you said to be true, where's the penalty? When does probation begin? It doesn't because they didn't find anything you said. Do your homework before you regurgitate what some hate-blogger posts from their "credible sources".

Do you realize how dumb you sound? Auburn was never involved in the supposed offers or transactions. It was Miss St all along offering the money to Cam's father. Then when Cam chose Auburn, Miss St got a chapped ass and reported everything in hopes of sabotaging the recruit they missed out on. If the NCAA found what you said to be true, where's the penalty? When does probation begin? It doesn't because they didn't find anything you said. Do your homework before you regurgitate what some hate-blogger posts from their "credible sources".

I assume there are chicks in bikinis and midgets riding horses and your grandma in this fantasy world you live in.

cam-newton-u-mad.jpg

Cam_Newton_-_You_Mad.jpg

335411d1347020183-pc-gaming-upgrade-thread-pt-3-original.png

Ever think Auburn was just better at cheating than MS State? That's far more logical than your premise.

A player who is openly for sale isn't that likely to go somewhere for free.

I thought the NCAA originally suspened Cam, then came back and said 'there is no evidence Cam knew that his father was asking for $$$$'. I always assumed they found - the dad got paid by Auburn, but Cam never knew. Very slippery slope.

Ever think Auburn was just better at cheating than MS State? That's far more logical than your premise.

A player who is openly for sale isn't that likely to go somewhere for free.

Cam wasn't openly for sale. His dad was selling him to Miss St without his knowledge.

I thought the NCAA originally suspened Cam, then came back and said 'there is no evidence Cam knew that his father was asking for $$$$'. I always assumed they found - the dad got paid by Auburn, but Cam never knew. Very slippery slope.

He was suspended and brought back almost immediately because it was ruled he had no knowledge, but Auburn had nothing to do with it. His dad was negotiating with Miss St, and the rumored figure was $180,000. Cam picked where he wanted to go, regardless of his father's intentions.

Cam wasn't openly for sale. His dad was selling him to Miss St without his knowledge.

He was suspended and brought back almost immediately because it was ruled he had no knowledge, but Auburn had nothing to do with it. His dad was negotiating with Miss St, and the rumored figure was $180,000. Cam picked where he wanted to go, regardless of his father's intentions.

Naive, this one is.

Perhaps I am. But I have yet to see where it was proven that Cam knew, or Auburn was involved. And until someone can prove me wrong without speculating, I will continue to defend my stance.

I think you're just basically sticking your head in the sand. The circumstances around this case indicate that Cam wanted to go to Miss St but that Auburn paid him to come there.

I think you're just basically sticking your head in the sand. The circumstances around this case indicate that Cam wanted to go to Miss St but that Auburn paid him to come there.

If that's the case then why did the NCAA do nothing? Don't give me some lame they turned their head because AU was winning junk either. If it were as clear cut as so many claim then the NCAA would have done something. I admit to being an auburn fan and I agree at first whiff it smells bad. But where is the proof?

If that's the case then why did the NCAA do nothing? Don't give me some lame they turned their head because AU was winning junk either. If it were as clear cut as so many claim then the NCAA would have done something. I admit to being an auburn fan and I agree at first whiff it smells bad. But where is the proof?

First, it is the NCAA. Second, they may not have had enough evidence to derail an undefeated season. And you know damn well Aurbun's success played into the amount of evidence they required.

Ultimately, this is common sense. We are fairly confident his dad was shopping him and that Cam seemed to be a huge MSU lean the whole time. Cam then shows up at auburn. What intervened? Cash money, IMO.

How does Trooper Taylor and the violations post Cam fit into this squeaky clean image of Auburn that Adam is painting?

Why did the NCAA only give UNC a stern look and shake of the head after all of the CONFIRMED issues they have? The NCAA has proven time and again recently that they have no care at all for following any sort of moral code or any sort of "rule book" for charges/punishments. They are as corrupt as the schools that are cheating their asses off.

Back