• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roseanne show cancelled! Big cajones from Disney!

Here's another Roseanne tweet:

In a since-deleted tweet from 2013, Barr tweeted, “susan rice is a man with big swinging ape balls.”

Brookie was part of the NFL's first super-broadcast team along with Pat Summerall. Before that he was an All-Pro DB. During the 1983 college bball season, NC State played L'ville and Brookie said the two teams had an absurdly low combined IQ. He apologized, got suspended but was reinstated.

I think Ben Wright got kicked off broadcasting golf due to making a statement about lesbians ruining the LPGA.

It was a shame because Ben Wright was a colorful and critical golf commentator. Golf commentators not named Miller tend to inflate what golfers do. Wright would often say stuff like "what a timid effort that was" in a cheeky, English kind of way. But yeah, he said that the LPGA was getting too lesbian and butch. In addition, he said female golfers were inferior because they had boobs that would get in the way of the swing. Apparently, he didn't anticipate Gerina Pillar driving the ball 270+. Brookshire was also cool back in the day. He and Summerall were CBS's 1st great duo and also had quite the drinking reputation.

So I just googled about her tweeting history. I didn't realize how political she has gotten and how anti-Semitic she is. How the hell did she get her show back on a major network with her history of anti-Semitic tweeting? Also gotta wonder if Whitney Cummings and Wanda Sykes knew what they were getting into in helping produce that show.

I think she's a jew or her family is jewish.

This is in no way to defend her tweet, but I started thinking today. At some point, we're going to have to let go of the whole "black people can't be associated with monkeys/apes because that comparison was historically used to demean people like them." Like, I get that in the 18 and 1900s, people were all, "black people have dark skin, so they must be more like monkeys than white people are." But damn, science is on firm as shit ground that reasonable people are way beyond that thought process at this point. I guess I should ask my friends if any of them actually think that non-white people are "less evolved" or "closer to monkeys." I'm pretty sure that'd be a 100% no from everyone, but maybe I've got some racists friends, I dunno.

Like, I want to be able to make fun of black people and white people for acting like fucking apes without it hearkening back to some bullshit fake news science from antiquity.

Example: Oh, your group of high school footballs players are grunting and swinging about like retards* beating on one another? Good job, silverbacks. <-- doesn't matter if the team has white or black people on it, the imagery can be fucking funny.

*hahaha, I totally meta offended people.

You're talking about a group of people who also largely believe homosexuality is a choice or mental disorder and that it can be (or even should be) shocked or prayed out of people...in 2018.

Last edited:
You're talking about a group of people who also largely believe homosexuality is a choice or mental disorder and that it can be (or even should be) shocked or prayed out of people...in 2018.

This mode of thought is just so damn foreign to me.

Can we just kill everyone over 40 years old? Clean slate, start fresh?

"Big drawers from Disney"?

If you're going to use words, learn to spell.

I think she's a jew or her family is jewish.

This is in no way to defend her tweet, but I started thinking today. At some point, we're going to have to let go of the whole "black people can't be associated with monkeys/apes because that comparison was historically used to demean people like them." Like, I get that in the 18 and 1900s, people were all, "black people have dark skin, so they must be more like monkeys than white people are." But damn, science is on firm as shit ground that reasonable people are way beyond that thought process at this point. I guess I should ask my friends if any of them actually think that non-white people are "less evolved" or "closer to monkeys." I'm pretty sure that'd be a 100% no from everyone, but maybe I've got some racists friends, I dunno.

Like, I want to be able to make fun of black people and white people for acting like fucking apes without it hearkening back to some bullshit fake news science from antiquity.

Example: Oh, your group of high school footballs players are grunting and swinging about like retards* beating on one another? Good job, silverbacks. <-- doesn't matter if the team has white or black people on it, the imagery can be fucking funny.

*hahaha, I totally meta offended people.

Polygenesis was a discussion in academic circles as late as the 1940s (maybe even later).

Black inferiority as a biological construct is still not an uncommon belief.

As long as it is still used as a race-based pejorative (see comments/cartoons about both Michelle and Barak Obama), We are nowhere near the point of "letting it go."

I met Roseanne Barr once back in the 80s when she was doing comedy shows.

She was booked at the Palestra (opening for Billy Crystal) the night after the Smugphones, who I was managing at the time.

You know those stories about how some celebrities have ridiculous demands like only green M&Ms? That was her.

My guys were in the green room before our show and she and her agent strolled in like theh owend the place. they started poking around the room, looking in closets and under furniture cushions.

I told her that is she was looking for a snack, she was welome to help herself to the spread that we had laid out - she didn't have to go couch diving.

She gave me a look that would scare a leopard and told me in her shrill voice that she didn't need any of our food, since she was such a big celebrity and she had never heard of the band.

So I put my hands up and backed away. Right then Billy Crystal walks in and sees her pointing at the buffet - and without a hint of a smile he asks her if she's ordering the entire buffet!

She flipped out and turned the table over chasing him out. Her agent apologized and offered to replace the spread. I asked him to send in two call girls and a handle of Jack and we'd be square.

Kind of shitty for everyone else on that show that isn't a racist piece of shit. Still the right move without question though.

Kind of shitty for everyone else on that show that isn't a racist piece of shit, who she is now attacking. Still the right move without question though.

fify

Interesting that Trump Sr. has been silent on the subject, though Jr. retweeted the false stuff about Soros.

The parent company of Ambien just put out a statement saying people of all races and religions have taken their product. They said it does have side effects but racism isn't one of them.

WTG!!! :)

I met Roseanne Barr once back in the 80s when she was doing comedy shows.

She was booked at the Palestra (opening for Billy Crystal) the night after the Smugphones, who I was managing at the time.

You know those stories about how some celebrities have ridiculous demands like only green M&Ms? That was her.

My guys were in the green room before our show and she and her agent strolled in like theh owend the place. they started poking around the room, looking in closets and under furniture cushions.

I told her that is she was looking for a snack, she was welome to help herself to the spread that we had laid out - she didn't have to go couch diving.

She gave me a look that would scare a leopard and told me in her shrill voice that she didn't need any of our food, since she was such a big celebrity and she had never heard of the band.

So I put my hands up and backed away. Right then Billy Crystal walks in and sees her pointing at the buffet - and without a hint of a smile he asks her if she's ordering the entire buffet!

She flipped out and turned the table over chasing him out. Her agent apologized and offered to replace the spread. I asked him to send in two call girls and a handle of Jack and we'd be square.

I laughed.

Polygenesis was a discussion in academic circles as late as the 1940s (maybe even later).

Black inferiority as a biological construct is still not an uncommon belief.

As long as it is still used as a race-based pejorative (see comments/cartoons about both Michelle and Barak Obama), We are nowhere near the point of "letting it go."

Just as recently as yesterday, the star of one of the most watched shows on TV said a black political figure who was in the administration of the first black President was the daughter of apes.

Many members of the leading political party supported her including the son of the President.

This is still an issue.

Maybe the fat stupid people will stop going to Disney. That would be a plus.
Spent last week/weekend cruising the Yucatan, hitting local beaches, street restaurants, and staying in off the trail hotels, it was badass. Monday night our flight was canceled out of Cancun and we couldn't make it out until the next day, so i thought fuck it lets stay at one of those all inclusive resort things for the night, and make the most of it.

It was a gross experience, nothing but mouthbreathing fatties and smelly rubes. We felt dirty and uncomfortable the whole time. I can only imagine this is what Disney is like now. No thanks, I would rather have slept at the airport.

Trump supporters are all over this “Bill Maher compared Trump to an orangutan where was the outrage then libtards” narrative.

Spent last week/weekend cruising the Yucatan, hitting local beaches, street restaurants, and staying in off the trail hotels, it was badass. Monday night our flight was canceled out of Cancun and we couldn't make it out until the next day, so i thought fuck it lets stay at one of those all inclusive resort things for the night, and make the most of it.

It was a gross experience, nothing but mouthbreathing fatties and smelly rubes. We felt dirty and uncomfortable the whole time. I can only imagine this is what Disney is like now. No thanks, I would rather have slept at the airport.

there are lots of gross fatties but it's pretty expensive so there are lots of skinny rich white people, too. and rich chinese tourists

Trump supporters are all over this “Bill Maher compared Trump to an orangutan where was the outrage then libtards” narrative.

Bill Maher is an insufferable asshole for a billion reasons, none of which have anything to do with this terrible false equivalency.

They are also claiming she isn't even black because "look at her white skin!!!" and "she was born in Iran!!!" so how could Roseanne's tweet be racist?!?

Her great grandfather (mother's side) was the first African American admitted to MIT. Her father was the first black tenured professor in the University of Chicago's Department of Biological Sciences.

Back