• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roseanne show cancelled! Big cajones from Disney!

Ageism >>> Racism

Look, I'm not saying that all people over 40 are bad. I'm sure there are good ones. Hell, I have friends who are over 40. I'm just saying that it would be worth getting rid of the whole bushel of apples, even if we lost a few delicious ones (like Halle Berry).

They are also claiming she isn't even black because "look at her white skin!!!" and "she was born in Iran!!!" so how could Roseanne's tweet be racist?!?

Her great grandfather (mother's side) was the first African American admitted to MIT. Her father was the first black tenured professor in the University of Chicago's Department of Biological Sciences.

More evidence that no matter what we accomplish, many people (mostly conservatives) will always consider black people to be apes.

Excellent Ph. I wanted to say something along those lines, but I am about as articulate as a snow pea.

More evidence that no matter what we accomplish, many people (mostly conservatives) will always consider black people to be apes.

We can't have this defeatist attitude. Look at the improvement from generation to generation in the white community.

Anecdotally, my grandmother burned sheets if a black person stayed the night with my father as a child. My father was in the "I'm sure there are some good ones" camp. I've devoted my career to representing minority clients. That's 3 generations and I'm not alone.

The majority of white voters wanted to “Make America Great Again.” Seems like they want to go back to your grandma’s days.

Also, devoting one's career to representing minority clients does not, on its own, equal improvement on issues of race.

Also, devoting one's career to representing minority clients does not, on its own, equal improvement on issues of race.

I guess I could have phrased it as, "I'm a disciple of Bryan Stevenson." But I figured the gist would come across. I'm not saying there are no racists in my field (there almost certainly are), but to say that we trend progressive would be an enormous understatement.

you have lots of black friends. we get it.

Yeah we've come from grandmothers burning sheets that black people slept in to their grandkids voting for Donald Trump.

What a true (burning) rag(s) to riches story indicative of our society's progression.

Not to mention paying Russia prostitutes to pee on sheets on the bed that the black president slept in. #progress

ambien is a hell of a drug, double shame on Roseanne for sullying its name when she was going down

P bad when you get burned by a freaking Pharma company

Back