• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

It's simply just a matter of liberals who got cute and voted for Jill Stein or write-ins actually bothering to vote for Hillary. They changed the entire narrative.

You could go with that. However, Trump won despite significant portions of his base voting for Hillary or Johnson. He also was outspent and had little to no ground game. It seems to me that there is much more to this story that Jill Stein. Trump being competitive at all is like Wake playing Alabama to overtime in football.

You could go with that. However, Trump won despite significant portions of his base voting for Hillary or Johnson. He also was outspent and had little to no ground game. It seems to me that there is much more to this story that Jill Stein. Trump being competitive at all is like Wake playing Alabama to overtime in football.

The number of people who regret their protest vote or not voting at all is large. We now have the new President representing about 25% of the population, if that. I hope all of those who thought it wasn't important to vote, or protest voted, feel like shit.

The number of people who regret their protest vote or not voting at all is large. We now have the new President representing about 25% of the population, if that. I hope all of those who thought it wasn't important to vote, or protest voted, feel like shit.

I voted for Johnson as a protest. I'll leave the feeling like shit to others, who are so much better at it.

This was the original question.

"If BO had been doing the same things as DT, how would right wingers react?"

Doing what, exactly? Not trying to dodge. Be specific and I will take a shot.

I think you are off on your percentages by quite a bit. There are a lot of people across this country that are pretty happy with the results.

I will admit to having some serious doubts about Trump as a president, however early results are awfully encouraging. I am an optimist by nature (being a Wake fan has not slapped that out of me yet), so maybe I am just seeing the glass half full, but I would save the full scale panic until Trump actually does something egregious.

It is very easy to live in ones own bubble these days. Middle America is pretty damn optimistic about Trump. Lets give him a little time and see if screws up the country or not.

I think you are off on your percentages by quite a bit. There are a lot of people across this country that are pretty happy with the results.

I will admit to having some serious doubts about Trump as a president, however early results are awfully encouraging. I am an optimist by nature (being a Wake fan has not slapped that out of me yet), so maybe I am just seeing the glass half full, but I would save the full scale panic until Trump actually does something egregious.

It is very easy to live in ones own bubble these days. Middle America is pretty damn optimistic about Trump. Lets give him a little time and see if screws up the country or not.

"I would save the full scale panic until Trump actually does something eggregious."
110% this, but predictably not.
Guess what? Trump is going to name a Cabinet, and your ideology might not be well represented in it. That's okay, by the way. The Sun still has plans for tomorrow.

I am excited to see Mitt (my guy) getting a vote. Would lend dignity that will be needed and experience we have long be short of. I expected worse from Trump so far. Needs to put his phone away but so far he''s hiring well.

It's also ridiculous the how much the narrative of the entire country depends on how 150,000 votes in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan went. Out of the hundreds of millions cast. We're still the exact same country if those votes go the other way

Yes, Trump has a weak mandate to govern. He lost the popular vote by 2.5 million and only one the EC by ~100k. That is definitely not a landslide.

Why is Middle America optimistic about Trump based on the last four weeks?

Mike Pence: It is Donald Trump's "right to express his opinion" that millions of people voted illegally.

#feelings

Why is Middle America optimistic about Trump based on the last four weeks?

Stock Market up.

Strong appointments like Mitt (maybe) & Mad Dog.

Saving jobs before he even gets inaugurated. (you guys can talk this down, but this is a huge win in middle America)

Has struck a tone that has been pretty even handed. One of the fears about Trump is whether he could be sufficiently level headed enough to govern.

Mexico and Canada have both indicated a willingness to discuss renegotiating NAFTA which seems to make the likelihood of all out trade wars seem remote and the possibility of getting more favorable terms likely.

It is also my opinion that what many of you consider an error when Trump spoke by phone to Taiwan will play very well with most Americans. It does not make sense that we cannot speak by phone with an ally in order to appease an adversary. There is the hope that taking strong but reasonable stands will fare better internationally than capitulating in order to avoid hurting the sensitive feelings of other countries.

That's all I got.

It seems to me that if Mitt isn't the pick at SoS, the board right-cons will be disappointed like the rest of us.

It seems to me that if Mitt isn't the pick at SoS, the board right-cons will be disappointed like the rest of us.

Probably so. I am not particularly a Mitt fan but he is competent and I like what it would say about Trump if he chooses him. When you gain the power of the presidency, you can use it to rub it in the face of the losers or you can mend fences. Nominating Mitt would be the latter.

Stock Market up.

Strong appointments like Mitt (maybe) & Mad Dog.

Saving jobs before he even gets inaugurated. (you guys can talk this down, but this is a huge win in middle America)

Has struck a tone that has been pretty even handed. One of the fears about Trump is whether he could be sufficiently level headed enough to govern.

Mexico and Canada have both indicated a willingness to discuss renegotiating NAFTA which seems to make the likelihood of all out trade wars seem remote and the possibility of getting more favorable terms likely.

It is also my opinion that what many of you consider an error when Trump spoke by phone to Taiwan will play very well with most Americans. It does not make sense that we cannot speak by phone with an ally in order to appease an adversary. There is the hope that taking strong but reasonable stands will fare better internationally than capitulating in order to avoid hurting the sensitive feelings of other countries.

That's all I got.

Who gives a fuck whether it will "play" well or not? What matters is how that call impacted the way China sees the US under a Trump presidency. Trump just wasted valuable political capital with the Chinese over an unforced error. That move might not mean anything today but it will when we actually need China's help in the region (i.e. North Korea).

You have been a lost little boy for the past 4 weeks now. All of your post have been whinny and clueless. I expected much better from you.

I am well aware that Trump is no libertarian, but I will give credit where credit is due. He is a fantastical blowhard, but is off to a great start and all you guys can see is a guy bumbling all over the stage.
He may well screw up the whole world before it's all over, but at this point, aside from a couple of ridiculous tweets, he is miles ahead of expectations.

If things continue for 8 years as well as they have gone the first few weeks, you might as well go ahead and commission someone to carve a 5th face on Mount Rushmore.

*whiny

Carrier and Taiwan are examples of a president elect fumbling around in the dark and tripping over himself, and board conservatives who claim to have not voted for him plastering a nervous smile on their faces and trying to be cool and calm about the certain shitpile ahead, emblazoned with their R.

Last edited:
Carrier and Taiwan are examples of a president elect literally fumbling around in the dark and tripping over himself, and board conservatives who claim to have not voted for him plastering a nervous smile on their faces and trying to be cool and calm about the certain shitpile ahead, emblazoned with their R.

Again, Knowell, would you be defending Obama if he'd done this?

Carrier and Taiwan are examples of a president elect fumbling around in the dark and tripping over himself, and board conservatives who claim to have not voted for him plastering a nervous smile on their faces and trying to be cool and calm about the certain shitpile ahead, emblazoned with their R.

Every company in IN (and many around the country) are contacting NFL owners and Carrier to see how to extort their states and Trump feds for eight, nine and ten figure paydays by threatening to leave.

The mainland Chinese are going to use Trump's amateurish, egotistical action to justify expansion into the South China Sea and to create trade issues.

Back