• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

Please use your words to explain what the Russians did and how they changed the outcome. I dare you

The leaks and Comey certainly had a huge impact on the election. Trump won by the thinnest of margins in an election he lost the PV by 3 million votes.

Could HRC had done other things to counteract that? Sure. But you have to be daft to think those things didn't have a huge influence on the election.

The leaks and Comey certainly had a huge impact on the election. Trump won by the thinnest of margins in an election he lost the PV by 3 million votes.

Could HRC had done other things to counteract that? Sure. But you have to be daft to think those things didn't have a huge influence on the election.

Chris and I have said HRC was totally inept many, many times. That's not mutually exclusive to the thought that Comey and Putin impacted the election.

I forgot to mention the obligatory authentication with a story in the Times.

Didn't someone already post a link to that story?

I honestly don't know what to think. I believe that the Russians try to hack us all the time. But that they actually were able to fix the election for Trump. I doubt. I don't believe in ten foot tall Russians. Meddle perhaps, who knows, but then that's our job to prevent that. I really would like some reasonable answers on this but I doubt that we will ever have them: too much politics involved, too may axes to grind, it involves secret intelligence and top secret hacking techniques, too may people with incentives to lie and mislead. and so on ...

Dems love blaming Comey, but if HRC doesn't play all her games (being charitable here) with emails, servers, etc. no one would even know who Comey is.

What, exactly, did Russia do to "manipulate" our election? Such vague terminology which doesn't actually mean anything

Strategically released information in a manner intended to, at a minimum destabilize the election, and likely in an effort to aid Trump? Come on, this really isn't up for debate.

Please use your words to explain what the Russians did and how they changed the outcome. I dare you

It doesn't matter if they changed the outcome. You can manipulate something without changing the outcome.

This is basically the Louisville defense: "Yeah Russia tried to mess with our election, but you can't show that it made a difference." Wasn't ok there, and isn't ok here.

I forgot to mention the obligatory authentication with a story in the Times.

Didn't someone already post a link to that story?

I honestly don't know what to think. I believe that the Russians try to hack us all the time. But that they actually were able to fix the election for Trump. I doubt. I don't believe in ten foot tall Russians. Meddle perhaps, who knows, but then that's our job to prevent that. I really would like some reasonable answers on this but I doubt that we will ever have them: too much politics involved, too may axes to grind, it involves secret intelligence and top secret hacking techniques, too may people with incentives to lie and mislead. and so on ...

The Times is more credible of a source than pretty much any link you've ever posted on here...

anti-hackerism=birtherism=anti-science

The facts don't matter to Rwers....

You're so right.....They are panicking about losing that Nigerian prince's email address.

Weird the FBI, CIA, and global intelligence community never got involved in the latter. Perfect equivalence otherwise.

The President of the United States thinks people who complain about the election being rigged should stop whining.

Back