• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rove calls it for Romney

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Knock yourselves out...

Article

In addition to the data, the anecdotal and intangible evidence—from crowd sizes to each side's closing arguments—give the sense that the odds favor Mr. Romney. They do. My prediction: Sometime after the cock crows on the morning of Nov. 7, Mitt Romney will be declared America's 45th president. Let's call it 51%-48%, with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more.

Get out! No way!

Like here in NC I keep reading that Romney is polling higher but when you look at early voting, thus far the Dems have out voted the Pubs by nearly 400,000.

Obama is finished.

But seriously, this will get ugly when Obama wins. Republicans are setting up for major accusations of voter fraud.

Obama isn't finished, but you'd have to be a dumbass to ignore what Rove says. Facebook friends aren't valid polls.

Obama isn't finished, but you'd have to be a dumbass to ignore what Rove says. Facebook friends aren't valid polls.

And Rove used "anecdotal and intangible" evidence for his. More reliable than Facebook friends?

Maybe Rove is just trying to make more money for American Crossroads and American Crossroads GPS.

Maybe Rove is just trying to make more money for American Crossroads and American Crossroads GPS.

Ding ding ding. Big money likes to back winners. Rove is telling them what they want to hear so that they'll give him more money.

And Rove used "anecdotal and intangible" evidence for his. More reliable than Facebook friends?

In the very last line of the article after using a litany of statistical data (weather slanted or not) in the entire body. Obviously Rove is not objective and you have to take that into account when reading this but he does bring up some good points. You keep hearing how President Obama is leading in early voting in Ohio and while that is true he is WAY behind his early voting numbers of 4 years ago. That is something rarely talked about. That being said, I still don't see how Romney wins Ohio when every poll taken has him behind. Unless something really strange happens that NO poll took into account President Obama is going to win Ohio.

Obama is finished.

But seriously, this will get ugly when Obama wins. Republicans are setting up for major accusations of voter fraud.

I'm watching a minor version of this play out in the Clemson fanbase. We've played one good team all year and got smacked by them. The Clemson faithful are talking about rolling Scar and heading to the BCS as an at large. I have a feeling things are going to get ugly.....

Last election Rove was on Fox telling everyone that after McCain won in ohio he would win the election, this was going on after all the other networks had called Ohio for Obama. Rove is a viscious, back stabbing ,SOB, A-hole which makes him a good political operative but is not a strategist or prognosticator. Nothing to see here.

I view this as nothing more than cheerleading. Rove is doing everything he can to help people rooting for a Romney win to actually believe it's possible in the hope that the enthusiasm drives voter turnout in favor of Romney.

I'm watching a minor version of this play out in the Clemson fanbase. We've played one good team all year and got smacked by them. The Clemson faithful are talking about rolling Scar and heading to the BCS as an at large. I have a feeling things are going to get ugly.....

I dunno - that might actually happen. Better chance than Romney winning this election, thats for sure.

Back