• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy didn't know he left walk-ons on court

Here was his quote after the UNLV loss back in November:

"A hundred years ago I'm watching in Lawrence, Kansas, and North Carolina's playing North Carolina State and there were five million red shirts in the crowd. And if I'd had a BB gun, five million red shirts would have had a burned rear end. Because I just don't like those kinds of things. I mean, seriously."

Dude's got problems. As Kansas head coach, he cared about State fans going to a game in the Dean Dome? Maybe a Bob Knight/Woody Hayes snap is in his future.

Here was his quote after the UNLV loss back in November:

"A hundred years ago I'm watching in Lawrence, Kansas, and North Carolina's playing North Carolina State and there were five million red shirts in the crowd. And if I'd had a BB gun, five million red shirts would have had a burned rear end. Because I just don't like those kinds of things. I mean, seriously."

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is he saying opposing fans shouldn't be able to buy tickets and go to games at the opposition's arena??? What a stupid thing to say.

Pretty sure he was also very upset there weren't enough UNC fans at the NIT tip-off at MSG a few years ago. Also, I've hear him snap at some of his own fans more than once during his radio show.

One time a guy asked innocently during the show if Roy ever thought about playing any zone. His response (in annoyed tone):

Don’t ever ask a coach, ‘Have you thought of…’, because I guarantee that I’ve thought of everything that you and all of your buddies could ever freakin’ think of. We’ve got five of us that are full-time coaches, 24 hours a day. I’m not a pharmacist, I’m not an insurance guy, I’m not a lawyer, I’m not a banker. I am a coach. So there’s not one freakin’ thing that anybody’s going to think about that we haven’t thought about.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Is he saying opposing fans shouldn't be able to buy tickets and go to games at the opposition's arena??? What a stupid thing to say.

That's about the only way to interpret that statement. Wish I could use a BB gun to shoot every UNC fan who ever walks in the Joel or BB&T field.

A hundred years ago=10 years ago when they were 8-20.

5 million red shirts=5000 State fans of the 22,000 in attendance. Granted, the State fans were probably the only ones there in the last few minutes since State won by 18.

Fucker doesn't mind when his fans fill up 20-40% of the Joel though.

It's getting all the attention here in Raleigh. Roy got all pissy and holier than thou on his radio show towards the local radio guys. Local radio guys said they didn't buy the official statement, Roy started going on about being called a liar and blah blah blah.

Pretty much the only people defending him are the Carolina homers...and even they've been kinda quiet.

Nice

Roy said that he didn't even know that the scrubs finished the game til he looked at film. Makes you wonder about the post-game locker room speech. Did Roy look around and think, hmm, where are those short, skinny guys that follow our team around? Oh well, fuck it. Let's hit the bus.

Is Carolina going to hang a banner in the Dean Dome for the walkons?

This is only an issue with unimportant teams (and their 4 fans, in Wake's case) who never win national championships.

#uncfans

lostcolony.jpg

I heard that the only sign of the walk-ons was a cryptic carving left on a side door to the Leon County Civic Center:

"SCOTT CHERRY"

Just because these can't be posted on too many threads.

t6eyo7.jpg

v8n3ag.jpg

mlma10.jpg

v8n3ag.jpg

Think 1 of the walk-ons is trying to take the blonde FSU chick back to the locker room with him. So maybe it didn't turn out too bad for him.

A hundred years ago=10 years ago when they were 8-20.

5 million red shirts=5000 State fans of the 22,000 in attendance. Granted, the State fans were probably the only ones there in the last few minutes since State won by 18.

Fucker doesn't mind when his fans fill up 20-40% of the Joel though.

Roy actually thinks that UNC-CH fans should fill his arena and yours. He doesn't really think that other team's fans should be allowed to watch his team play.

Wonder if the Memphis coach left any players on the floor at UCF tonight...

404924_10150492924148387_500473386_8878527_330300242_n.jpg

Back