• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy didn't know he left walk-ons on court

babydeac, you used to have so much respect for Roy, what happened?

Yes, I did. I am sure you have been paying attention to his boorish behavior these last few years, including this disgusting display on Saturday. He seemed to be a good coach and a good guy at Kansas. I actually said that one reason that I hated to see him come to Chapel Hill was that I liked the guy. He has since demonstrated an incredibly immature reaction to adverse situations (e.g. trying to get the PC fan ejected, comparing UNC losses to the situation in Haiti, leaving the court early with his team on the floor Saturday, etc.) Also, his Roy Boy act is contrived and stale. His comments and actions which reflect elitism and a sense of entitlement have truly reversed my opinions of him.

In contrast, I still have a tremendous amount of respect for K. It will be very easy to pick a favorite in the UNC-Duke games this year.

I think fan behavior is at an all time low. People throwing things, fans acting as though they won't face any repercussions for their idiotic actions. I know storming the court isn't new but I think a number of coaches other than Roy have expressed concerns about player and staff safety in those situations recently. I think fans are more likely to start confrontation than they were a few years ago.

I still don't understand why Roy would leave his walk ons on the court, not call timeout and get them out of there etc etc. It just seems incredibly poorly planned. But I respect the fact that he still wanted to congratulate FSU on their victory before leaving and I somewhat understand his concerns about court storming after what happened to his team manager. The handshake line is one of the many things I love about college hoops (as is storming the court after huge upset victories).

Why does Roy and UNC think they can reserve the right to end the game early, because they are getting drilled? Other teams don't have that insane sense of entitlement. My favorite part of this is Roy tried to cover up in the press conf, with saying he didn't want to talk about it. Because, it would take away how great FSU played. Thats BS, he needed 48 hours to formulate a "story" so the UNC PR machine could get out in front of it. One of the saddest, and weakest displays I have ever seen. Can you imagine Dean Smith, Jimmy V, or Terry Holland pulling this crap?

This.

My favorite part of this is Roy tried to cover up in the press conf, with saying he didn't want to talk about it. Because, it would take away how great FSU played.

Yeah, if talking about it in a press conference will take away from FSU's effort, what did pulling your team off the floor early on national TV in front of 12,000 fans do?

Used to like Roy too. Not surprisingly, he gets more smug and condescending with each year at Chapel Hill.

Used to like Roy too. Not surprisingly, he gets more smug and condescending with each year at Chapel Hill.

Yup, I can think of numerous examples of this same phenom.

hopefully the brave walk-ons left to fight the rear-guard action were given a medal or something

Roy is the Forest Gump of coaching. Why would he realize he left?

I despise Roy, and yet in a battle between Roy and Bzz, I think I'd still rather than Huckleberry. Now, I just feel dirty...

Roy also had two "armed" policemen behind the bench, he must really has some paranoia issues. Roy acts like the court has never been stormed before in the history of college basketball, and makes the FSU win all about him. It seems that UNC feels that they should be exempted from having the court stormed on them!

Which board poster got slugged by Dockery?

How does a Wake fan write this? How does a human write this?!?

There are things I respect about Coach K. Mostly how he is able to get his teams to consistently play so hard. However, I also think he is an arrogant, self-absorbed prick as well.

Over the past 5 years, Roy has definitely become one of the biggest drama queens in ACC history.

Seriously, every season, he does or says at least one really stupid thing. I thought he'd already fulfilled his quotia this year with that comment about how he wished he had a BB gun so he could shoot every NCSU fan who attends a game at the Dean Dome. I guess not.

Someone ought to ask Roy what the threshold will be going forward for leaving the court.

For example, if UNC is down 42 points with 1 minute to go, evacuate?

Down 15 points with 8 seconds?

Down 75 with 8 minutes?

TELL US WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE, ROY.

Is this not getting any national play? If not, why not? Its so obviously a lie.

Is it getting local play?

Over the past 5 years, Roy has definitely become one of the biggest drama queens in ACC history.

Seriously, every season, he does or says at least one really stupid thing. I thought he'd already fulfilled his quotia this year with that comment about how he wished he had a BB gun so he could shoot every NCSU fan who attends a game at the Dean Dome. I guess not.

was that when he was so angry that unlv had a lot of fans at the game in las vegas?

Is this not getting any national play? If not, why not? Its so obviously a lie.

Is it getting local play?

It's getting all the attention here in Raleigh. Roy got all pissy and holier than thou on his radio show towards the local radio guys. Local radio guys said they didn't buy the official statement, Roy started going on about being called a liar and blah blah blah.

Pretty much the only people defending him are the Carolina homers...and even they've been kinda quiet.

Back