• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy Williams doesn't expect UNC hoops to get 'hit in any way at all' by NCAA sanction

Hopefully the stunt they pulled to escape sanctions and compete for this year's title will make the punishment worse... And without a title to show for it.

Someone needs to photoshop a stack of sanctions into Jenkins hands

Scott-Tenorman-Must-Die.jpeg

North Carolina’s entire weekend had a sense of finality about it, in part because Johnson and Paige had given so much to North Carolina, endured so much during their careers, had spent four years building toward this moment. But there was also, unavoidably, the NCAA’s investigation hanging overhead.

There may not be a soul alive who at this moment knows how things will turn out, given the unprecedented nature of the allegations and the NCAA’s uncertain jurisdiction, but despite Williams’ protests to the contrary, men’s basketball was specifically mentioned as a program that benefited from the impermissible academic assistance.

These players didn’t have anything to do with what went on for far too long at North Carolina, but of course there’s no way to untangle the two. No one knows whether this was not just Paige and Johnson’s last shot at a title, but perhaps North Carolina’s last for a while.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article69970787.html

Hopefully the stunt they pulled to escape sanctions and compete for this year's title will make the punishment worse... And without a title to show for it.

Amen brother.

That was my thought as well with all the stalling and delaying it has all the marks of the old 4 corners.

Did not know that about MCCants. Did McCants tell the public this? Because he also told the public he took classes but never attended any of them. Shortly after students posted pictures they took with him in said classes, and I have not heard of many investigators talking to him after it became pretty obvious he was saying anything to get his name in the news. I could see the Heels being punished by giving up that national title (’05), and maybe a scholarship or two reduction for a year or so, but I do not think they are going to punish the current players. Might even see then suspend Ole Roy for a few games, but it is not going to be nearly what they are hoping for on Pack Pride.

There is no fence between athletics and academics that protects Men's BB. Your school has received 5 documented Level 1 allegations of cheating and one of them is very specific that players in the major sports including Men's BB and FB received benefits to stay eligible. The players cheated and they are the "program" not the coaches. The entire University is alleged to have helped players in multiple sports over an extended period of time cheat to stay eligible and you're hoping because a basketball coach isn't named you will get off light. That makes no sense.

Amen brother.

That was my thought as well with all the stalling and delaying it has all the marks of the old 4 corners.

This. They really probably could've gotten away with an aw shucks we didn't know defense, but all the delaying, the obfuscating, the ruse self-investigations...that is all stuff the NCAA absolutely hates and they will be punished for that by alone, plus anything else the NCAA feels like adding.

Did not know that about MCCants. Did McCants tell the public this? Because he also told the public he took classes but never attended any of them. Shortly after students posted pictures they took with him in said classes, and I have not heard of many investigators talking to him after it became pretty obvious he was saying anything to get his name in the news. I could see the Heels being punished by giving up that national title (’05), and maybe a scholarship or two reduction for a year or so, but I do not think they are going to punish the current players. Might even see then suspend Ole Roy for a few games, but it is not going to be nearly what they are hoping for on Pack Pride.

Loss of institutional control is the worst charge you can get correct? Given that that was one of many charges against UNC I am not sure that the people at PP are the delusional ones.

The idea that the NOA would call out every coach of every program involved over the long period of time is silly. That would be multiple coaches for men's bball alone. And the idea that because Roy wasn't mentioned that the basketball team won't get punished (when it is specifically called out as one of the worst offenders) is even more silly.

Just Dean, Gut, Doh and Roy I believe.

Good ole Roy can poop in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up first!

That X-axis is screwy.

Back