• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ruggiero

You guys are hilarious. Two weeks ago Clawson et al were leaving for LSU. This week we are awful and everyone needs to be fired. It's the nature of coaching 18-23 year old kids. See Louisville and ncsu from yesterday. Long season full of ups and downs.

You guys are hilarious. Two weeks ago Clawson et al were leaving for LSU. This week we are awful and everyone needs to be fired. It's the nature of coaching 18-23 year old kids. See Louisville and ncsu from yesterday. Long season full of ups and downs.
Eh, two separate groups of fans.

I like Claw but his offensive game plan yesterday was simply stupid. Can't put lipstick on it.

I don't blame Ruggerio much. Clawson is an offensive guy. We are running his system.

Agree that the gameplan yesterday was curious at best and atrocious at worst. Wolford can't do what they asked him to do.

I don't blame Ruggerio much. Clawson is an offensive guy. We are running his system.

Agree that the gameplan yesterday was curious at best and atrocious at worst. Wolford can't do what they asked him to do.

I like Clawson, but I don't think there's any doubt he's a lot more involved in the offense than Grobe ever was, so his finger prints are all over our scheme. Grobe refused to change the guy he trusted to run that side of the ball, will Clawson adjust a scheme he believes in?

BacktoBack, good point on coaching kids. They easily forget how hard they have to work to be successful. Jerry Rice made football look easy, but what you didn't see was his workouts running up and down hills every day. Walter Payton's workout were legendary.
DeaconSig, I think the staff took for granted that the players wouldn't have such a unenthusiastic performance. I wonder how practice went this week.

It's not about effort or being enthusiastic to me. At least not in this case. It's making the conscious decision to continue to rest the game plan on the arm of a QB that has not shown the ability to throw the ball downfield with any accuracy at all. We insisted that was going to be how we were going to beat them regardless of all signs throughout the game pointing to John just not being the guy who could make that happen. So, in my mind, if it's not working, you have two choices - make a change st QB or toss the game plan out the window and go with adjustments that can get you yards. Neither was done.

Huge, the OL didn't pass block very well. The pocket was collapsing all the time. The only movement on running plays was when they ran a trap play. We were bigger and stronger. We should have pushed them around the stadium.

Elrod kept saying on the radio the fact that our running schemes just aren't built to be effective against an unbalanced front like army runs. I guess that's why we threw so much.

Elrod kept saying on the radio the fact that our running schemes just aren't built to be effective against an unbalanced front like army runs. I guess that's why we threw so much.

Then why did we average 5 yards a carry? Couldn't have all been the element of surprise.

For whatever reason the coaches thought we could make hay against Army throwing deep. They thought poorly.

Wake lost to a team that lost to Buffalo. Enough said.

I like Claw but his offensive game plan yesterday was simply stupid. Can't put lipstick on it.

I just rewatched the taped game just so I could get thoroughly frustrated and it is beyond comprehension how this entire game plan game into being whether it came from the head coach or the offensive coordinator? Wolford is totally locked in on one receiver so he makes it very easy for the defense. Plus he just does not throw a very accurate football. But that said the game plan did not feature what we now do best with our two best players doing it. Cade Carney and Matt Colburn hitting the holes and slashing through the line. Why were we throwing the ball deep so much and why was Carney not in after the early first quarter until late in the game. Colburn got only 8 carries and Carney got only 4 carries. wtf

Doubt we win another game with Wolford at the controls. Offense and play calling pathetic. I believe Clawson is going to be a stubborn as Grobe when it comes to making changes. After three years it appears the offensive scheme need to be changed. I hope I never see another delayed handoff in the backfield, it really sucks!!!!!

BacktoBack, good point on coaching kids. They easily forget how hard they have to work to be successful. Jerry Rice made football look easy, but what you didn't see was his workouts running up and down hills every day. Walter Payton's workout were legendary.
DeaconSig, I think the staff took for granted that the players wouldn't have such a unenthusiastic performance. I wonder how practice went this week.

Clawson said in his PC that practice this week was terrible and he had a bad feeling about it.

Our quarterback is awful. Case closed.

This. I'm not sure Hinton is the long-term answer either. Kid seems to stay hurt more than healthy.

As I was saying weeks ago, until we find a solid QB who can remain healthy, make plays and at least see over the damn line, this team isn't going very far.

This. I'm not sure Hinton is the long-term answer either. Kid seems to stay hurt more than healthy.

As I was saying weeks ago, until we find a solid QB who can remain healthy, make plays and at least see over the damn line, this team isn't going very far.

What I'd like to see happen is for Newman to win the job next year with Hinton backing him up in the hopes that with Newman's size he'd be more durable and we'd have a backup that could run the same offense. Probabpy not how it shakes out, but who knows.

I just rewatched the taped game just so I could get thoroughly frustrated and it is beyond comprehension how this entire game plan game into being whether it came from the head coach or the offensive coordinator? Wolford is totally locked in on one receiver so he makes it very easy for the defense. Plus he just does not throw a very accurate football. But that said the game plan did not feature what we now do best with our two best players doing it. Cade Carney and Matt Colburn hitting the holes and slashing through the line. Why were we throwing the ball deep so much and why was Carney not in after the early first quarter until late in the game. Colburn got only 8 carries and Carney got only 4 carries. wtf

Wow...

Back