• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russian ambo to Turkey assassinated

Apparently the shooter was a cop. So he was the security detail (which explains why he was standing behind the ambassador when he was speaking)

Things have really gone south for Fred Savage.

I was thinking BJ Novak.

Apparently the shooter was a cop. So he was the security detail (which explains why he was standing behind the ambassador when he was speaking)

Oh no problem then. I'm sure he was afraid for his life.

This pic is nuts:

20TURKEY-WEB4-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Gunman identified as a 22 year old off-duty cop.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/19/europe/turkey-russian-ambassador-shot/index.html?adkey=bn

Mevlut Mert Altintas, an off-duty police officer, was the gunman who assassinated the Russian ambassador to Turkey on Monday, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said in a press conference. The attacker was born in 1994 in the town of Soke in Turkey's Aydin province, he said. Turkey's official Anadolu news agency reported that the gunman has been neutralized. But it was not immediately clear whether the attacker was killed or captured by police.

Russia's ambassador to Turkey was assassinated at an art exhibition in Ankara on Monday, after the gunman shouted, "Do not forget Aleppo!" as he opened fire.

The tensions around this will complicate whatever Obama was going to do in response to the Russian cyber attack.

Pribably won't be long before conspiracy theorists start linking this and the Russian Defense Minister's plane crash in Siberia this morning as well.

I was told that if we just bomb the shit out of people and crush them into submission terrorist acts like this wouldn't happen, oooooooppppps

Flips through history books...

Well I can't find any examples of world wars being started over assassinations in Eastern Europe.

Well, we have had a lot more assassinations in Eastern Europe than world wars. On the other hand, WWI, WWII and the Cold War all started in Eastern Europe. Fortunately, Ankara is not in Europe.

20TURKEY-WEB5-largeHorizontal375-v3.jpg

Surprised The New York Times would put this picture on its front page.

Back