• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russian ambo to Turkey assassinated

Does the assassin have any Syrian ancestry?

I read he was a 22 year old off-duty Turkish riot policeman who lied and said he was part of the ambassador's security detail. No idea if he has any Syrian ancestry- he spoke in Turkish and Arabic. Also, a statement was issued saying he was "neutralized".

Was he in reasonable fear for his life? We need to wait for the facts to come out.

Plus, why is there an outcry here when Russians are killed everyday by other Russians and nobody says a peep?

I read he was a 22 year old off-duty Turkish riot policeman who lied and said he was part of the ambassador's security detail. No idea if he has any Syrian ancestry- he spoke in Turkish and Arabic. Also, a statement was issued saying he was "neutralized".

Oh he's dead, photos of the aftermath are on twitter.

I'm curious, because if it is a person of Syrian descent, I believe it will only embolden Russia and its allies regarding the involvement in Syria. If it is a Turkish person acting on behalf of Syria, Turkey will have to bend the knee a little. The same Turkey in NATO.

What if he stayed at a Trump hotel last night rather than at a Holiday Inn Express?

Once again, Ankara is not in Eastern Europe, neither is Turkey. And neither Ankara nor Turkey are even in Europe. Do you guys know any geography at all? Hello, ding-dong, anybody home?

Is this a real post? Part of Turkey is most definitely in Eastern Europe, although the part with Ankara isn't. I mean heck, they've been trying to join the EU forever.

Was he in reasonable fear for his life? We need to wait for the facts to come out.

Plus, why is there an outcry here when Russians are killed everyday by other Russians and nobody says a peep?

When are the Russians going to take responsibility for their own communities?

If you're talking geographically, you're just plain wrong.

If you're talking culturally, that's open to discussion.

The assassin after he was shot looks like a scene from Reservoir Dogs with the suit and tie and blood.

Feels like Turkey would only be allowed to join the European Union if some part of it was in Europe. It also feels like The dividing line of Europe is the Bosphorus strait, also feels like some portion of Turkey lies on the European side of that strait, but Turkey doesn't feel like Europe so I feel like all that is wrong anyways.

Europe isn't even a real continent anyway, so this argument is silly.

Is this a real post? Part of Turkey is most definitely in Eastern Europe, although the part with Ankara isn't. I mean heck, they've been trying to join the EU forever.

On the plus side, plenty of vacancies opening up.

Back