• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rutgers AD Tim Pernetti fired. Wellman to Rutgers?

ledeac

Reaction score
We can make it a package deal.

Bz and Ron - Rutgers needs some serious culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some faculty are petitioning for the University President to be fired. Why not send Hatch with Wellman and Bz and be rid of them all?

Some faculty are petitioning for the University President to be fired. Why not send Hatch with Wellman and Bz and be rid of them all?

When the faculty write letters calling for the AD's termination, the mainstream media cover it and it's looked upon as a very serious situation. When the alumni and fans do it, it's called "fringe lunacy" and "classless."

When the faculty write letters calling for the AD's termination, the mainstream media cover it and it's looked upon as a very serious situation. When the alumni and fans do it, it's called "fringe lunacy" and "classless."

Wake Forest needs to hire Ph.

Can someone please put a question mark on the title please? I got way too excited for a second there...

Is there anyone on this board who has access to Wake basketball practice tapes? If so I would personally volunteer to take a couple of weeks off from work to review everything from the past three years and compile highlights of anything that hinted at Jeffy touching a player or having a verbal altercation with one of them and send it to every media outlet possible.

Can someone please put a question mark on the title please? I got way too excited for a second there...

I second that. With so many of us in dire straights for some good news this thread title was a big disappointment.

Is there anyone on this board who has access to Wake basketball practice tapes? If so I would personally volunteer to take a couple of weeks off from work to review everything from the past three years and compile highlights of anything that hinted at Jeffy touching a player or having a verbal altercation with one of them and send it to every media outlet possible.

Seriously? Make sure they keep an eye out for a Sasquatch or unicorn at practice, too!

Seth Greenberg is on ESPN right now saying the decision of doing something after initially seeing the video does not fall with the AD, nor the president, but the LAWYERS. Uhhh, lawyers present your options, but the decision rests with those two men.

If we had 30-50 Wake faculty, local business owners, high level donors, etc write letters, we might get the same response.

That's always going to be more legitimate than an anonymous group of rebels. Each approach has a purpose. The #BuzzOUT movement did very well.

Last edited:
We can make it a package deal.

Bz and Ron - Rutgers needs some serious culture.

star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

When this story broke I checked the Rutgers board and the vast majority were talking about how anyone who suggested Pernetti would be gotten rid of was an idiot- they acted like it was unimaginable. Oh well.

Looks like Pernetti wants to bring down the President with him. From his resignation letter:
As you know, my first instincts when I saw the videotape of Coach Rice's behavior was to fire him immediately. However, Rutgers decided to follow a process involving university lawyers, human resources professionals, and outside counsel. Following review of the independent investigative report, the consensus was that university policy would not justify dismissal. I have admitted my role in, and regret for, that decision, and wish that I had the opportunity to go back and override it for the sake of everyone involved.

Seriously, we are lacking Rice's spunk- if we could get him to harness that fire, he'll be available at a bargain basement price after next season when we have an opening.

Looks like Pernetti wants to bring down the President with him. From his resignation letter:

This is going to get interesting. Given the small world of D-1 athletics, very unusual for a fired coach or GM to not fall on his sword when he is fired. Pernetti is not done swinging. Going to be fun watching him trying to burn Rutgers to the ground. Big 10 must be feeling like the drunk guy who thought he picked up a super model, but it's now 7 am and the consequences of hooking up with a nasty hose-bag have set in.

Back