• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rutgers athletics department continued struggles

I am shocked SHOCKED that one of those guys did not slug him.

Saw a tweet from a journalist saying he get a text from a head coach saying that ADs/HCs will all be making sure their video coordinators destroy all old tapes. I believe it. I'm sure this is worse than average - mostly in the pegging kids with balls and some of the expletives - but on the whole probably not that different than lots of practices around the country.

I could understand the pushing IF he's trying to demonstrate the physicality of the game and wants his players to get chippy But when you combine it with the chucking of the balls, the nature of the screaming/namecalling, etc, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure that this isn't new. ESPN ought to be talking to his former players from Robert Morris, as well as from Rutgers. Otherwise, I'm not much inclined to give ESPN the benefit of the doubt either.

Maybe the Rutgers AdD hired him and wants to keep him because the HC actually wants to win basketball games at any costs instead of lose the right way.

LOL, some great vandalism on Rice's wikipedia page

Maybe the Rutgers AdD hired him and wants to keep him because the HC actually wants to win basketball games at any costs instead of lose the right way.

I can't tell if some of you are seriously defending this guy or just being salty.

Damn, he was kicking players? Dude probably beats his wife too.

KNegandhiESPN Kevin Negandhi
If you're a player who gets hit w the ball and responds by defending yourself.. Do you think this would get swept under the rug by your AD?

yes

I can't believe that no one has brought up the trashmouth trio over in West Derm. Coach K, Chris Collins, and Wojo talk like that to their daughters.

Jeff "The Culture" [Redacted] would be a great fit at Rutgers. Seriously.

Rutgers is in New Jersey...........what more do you need to know?

They haven't been winning under Mike Rice, why would you ever keep him around as coach? Not that winning makes this behavior ok, but I see nothing that Mike Rice has done at Rutgers that makes it worth keeping him there.

This will probably be used as a talking point by Wellman for support of Buzz in how thats the kind of basketball culture we are trying to avoid at Wake and aren't we lucky that we have jeff

Wow. After watching this, I think we need to extend Bz's contract. #goodculture

Back