• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rutgers athletics department continued struggles

Maybe because the President of the school and the AD saw the video a long time ago and didn't fire him until the video was leaked to the media. And even after that the AD stood up for the coach until he realized the magnitude of the media shitstorm that the video had caused.

Rather play for Rutgers than Wake Forest.

"deeply sorry" that it was captured on video.........

We need a Saving Silverman esque video where [Redacted] is hitting our players instead.

Big 10 picked a real gem by adding Rutgers!

If the challenge continues, expect many future WF/Rutgers matchups in future ACC/Big 10 challenges.

This guy lives a few blocks over from me....He even yells at the coaches of his daughters rec team in Little Silver.

I wonder if Childress is having "sidebar" conversations with our current players...oh yes...we know that is happening.

It's ok, CJ and Travis, it is only your entire hoops career under incompetent Buzz.

Mike Rice is a hero:

[video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0e44af136f/rutgers-basketball-coach?playlist=featured_videos[/video]

Watching the Rutgers President's press conference, I could not help but picture President Hatch's incompetent self trying to defend Ron Wellman.

It was so appropriate watching that Rutgers President squirm as the press asked him why, with a matter this serious, he couldn't be bothered last fall to spend 30 minutes watching that video before approving the 3 day suspension. Now the chief legal advisor at Rutgers is gone. The Rutgers AD is gone. But that joke of an administrator where the buck was supposed to stop, still has his job. Apparently President Hatch is not the only President who is not capable of fulfilling his supervisory responsibilities.

Normally, this would not be as a big of a deal, but given the circumstances, Rutgers needed to get everything about this hire 100% correct. Holding him out as a Rutgers graduate when he failed to hold a degree is not a minor oversight. Some colleges require all head coaches to have a college degree; no idea if that is a requirement at Rutgers, but if so, this could be a major problem. The Big 10 has got to be wondering how the F then ended up with Rutgers.

Normally, this would not be as a big of a deal, but given the circumstances, Rutgers needed to get everything about this hire 100% correct. Holding him out as a Rutgers graduate when he failed to hold a degree is not a minor oversight. Some colleges require all head coaches to have a college degree; no idea if that is a requirement at Rutgers, but if so, this could be a major problem. The Big 10 has got to be wondering how the F then ended up with Rutgers.

For some reason, I was thinking this was an NCAA rule on some level. Was Sidney Lowe's online degree mandated by NCSU?

Ol' Sid Lowe style getting the online degree baby!

For some reason, I was thinking this was an NCAA rule on some level. Was Sidney Lowe's online degree mandated by NCSU?

Believe it is a State of NC (and hence NCSU) requirement. Could be wrong though.

Back