• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ryan Dunn (from Jackass) is dead

As a first hand example of how fast a Porsche GT3 is I present this to you:

In a somewhat twisty part of VIR my track car (93 BMW 325is 190hp) with me driving is going about 105-110 miles per hour. In this same section a friend of mine (better driver) with a Porsche GT3 RS (same car but lightened) is going 155-160. The Porsche GT3 fucking moves.

How fast did we get the WRX on the way out to my parents' house?

Those were windy roads.

How fast did we get the WRX on the way out to my parents' house?

Those were windy roads.

Not real sure but I am pretty sure we hit triple digits a couple times (and an 02 WRX is about half the car a 997 model GT3 is)

20110620_011142_do20-ryan-dunn-crash-580px.jpg

Am I the only person looking at that picture and wondering WTF those four perfectly straight skid marks are from in the left lane?

Probably someone driving by that night and saw a flaming Porsche in the trees.

"I am a highly skilled driver"

Haha. Actually at that point in my life I had very little driving skill and ended up wrecking that very car in a one car crash trying to drive fast on windy public roads out in Forsyth County (luckily no one was hurt and I learned my lesson). I have since started driving on track (really the only place one should try to test their limits) and have gained a pretty good deal of skill but still have nowhere near the amount of skill as a lot of the guys I go out and drive with.

How's that for a humble brag?

We were at a company picnic type thing when I was a kid. This one dude there collected corvettes and had a brand new one there. I go for a ride with this guy and he's like "lets see how fast we can get this thing" and busts it up to 147 on this country road. Backed it off as we approached a blind crest, but it defs had a lot of juice left in the engine. It was intense.

We were at a company picnic type thing when I was a kid. This one dude there collected corvettes and had a brand new one there. I go for a ride with this guy and he's like "lets see how fast we can get this thing" and busts it up to 147 on this country road. Backed it off as we approached a blind crest, but it defs had a lot of juice left in the engine. And then he touched me in my special place. It was intense.

Back