• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sage Surratts is out

yeah, this is a huge bummer. i wish his well and agree with the decision.

Sage, reconsider. Dude. Clemson game day. Wtf? No one can cover you man, so it opens clemptechs D and we can score, could be an unbelievable day. Not seeing the upside in NOT playing. Seems you would want to play ball. Not hang out in the gymn.

Too bad,

No one has more to lose than Trevor Lawrence and he’s playing.

Trevor Lawrence’s current paycheck probably ends if he doesn’t play

Good luck, Sage. Work on your route running. The 40 time is more glamorous, but agility and route running actually gets you open.

Last edited:
Other than a big signing bonus (and not graduating) is there anything from keeping him from dropping out of school and getting picked up as an undrafted free agent now? Would a team be willing to take a chance on him with a decent contract?

Sage is going to be miserable watching the Deacs play without him. Something to be said for living life and not overthinking everything. Players play.

Sage is going to be miserable watching the Deacs play without him. Something to be said for living life and not overthinking everything. Players play.

Said by the guy who isn't staring a multi-million dollar deal in the face in a few months. I have no idea what I'd do, but I'm damn sure not going to tell him he's got to play for my entertainment during a pseudo-season. Naw, he's busted his ass to get where he is. If he wants to sit and make that money- then good on him.

Got no problem with Sage. Probably the right call, and I have found that the Lord rarely shares with us His plans for the future, so I am not about to criticize him.
Go Deacs!

I definitely respect his decision but it’s going to suck watching Lawrence and Etienne rip us a new one on Saturday because they didn’t make that decision.

I definitely respect his decision but it’s going to suck watching Lawrence and Etienne rip us a new one on Saturday because they didn’t make that decision.

Yes, totally his decision, but I’m not even criticizing him, but at the end of the day he’s sitting while others are playing. It is what it is. A huge loss for wake.

Does Wake buy football players that are projected to be drafted in the NFL draft insurance policies against injury and loss of future income?

Does Wake buy football players that are projected to be drafted in the NFL draft insurance policies against injury and loss of future income?

Those policies are notorious for not paying out.

If I had any shot at the NFL there is no way I’d play this year. Simply not worth the risk.

Yes, totally his decision, but I’m not even criticizing him, but at the end of the day he’s sitting while others are playing. It is what it is. A huge loss for wake.

I’ll preface this by saying I have no inside info on this topic in regards to Sage.

One possibility that hasn’t been mentioned is that Sage may have already had COVID, and he could have lingering effects or a concern about playing this soon.

This actually goes for any player that has opted out - they don’t have to disclose to the press if they had COVID.

Yes. I know of one that was paid out in the last 4 years but was told off the record who it was.

Sage, reconsider. Dude. Clemson game day. Wtf? No one can cover you man, so it opens clemptechs D and we can score, could be an unbelievable day. Not seeing the upside in NOT playing. Seems you would want to play ball. Not hang out in the gymn.

Too bad,

I admit to not knowing the entire situation, but if it's strictly a football decision, I think he made a mistake. A good performance on national tv and the rest of the season would do more for his draft stock than performance at the combine. Also, if a couple of receivers have a big year, they might go ahead of him. Also, not too many top rated players are opting out, look at Clemson. Gameday would be a perfect opportunity to showcase his talent against great competition. As stated, I don't know all the details and am speaking only about the football situation. He knows his situation and I respect his decision, it's his life.

Yes. I know of one that was paid out in the last 4 years but was told off the record who it was.

Is that NCAA legal ? Would have thought the kid/parents would do that on their own.

Back